File manager?

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys use for your file manager on the pure?
I've been using es file explorer for a while, but juts noticed last month it used 295 my of data. Can't for the life of me figure why, but time to look around...

Thanks

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Solid Explorer... I left ES a while back due to the ads and bloat that are not needed in a file manager, they tried to too much and failed, it was once the king of file managers, but sadly no longer. I am not familiar with the Moto File Manager.

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
An older version (pre- 4.0) of ES File Explorer is still a good option. Easy to find and side-load older versions if you so desire. I still run an older version and love it. Agree that the newer versions are crap.

Same thing happened to QuickPic. Awesome gallery app until Cheetah bought them and ruined the app. I still use an older version.

I save the .apk files of apps I like that have been ruined by "improvements".

jkatabelo

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Solid Explorer... I left ES a while back due to the ads and bloat that are not needed in a file manager, they tried to too much and failed, it was once the king of file managers, but sadly no longer. I am not familiar with the Moto File Manager.

Second, Solid Explorer

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys!
Tried Solid, but didn't particularly like the interface, coming from ES.
Moto file manager seemed weaker.
(All personal opinions and rampant unfamiliarity on my part)

Tried a couple more, and am going to try the file manager from ASUS from the play store.

Last edited:

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I dropped ES File Explorer. It's turned into a horrible thing. Tried several others. Settled on MK Explorer. Light, fast, no adverts.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I tried Solid Explorer but I can't get the app to recognize my PC. Unfortunately, ES File Explorer is the one file manager that does recognize my PC. So I have to stick with that until I find one that does this just as easily.

Thankfully, I did find a website that has all the versions of ES File Explorer on it. Downloaded 3.2.5.5, which I believe is the last good version before the takeover. Working great so far :)

If you do install this older version just make sure auto-update of apps is turned off in Google Play Store (for it will show it's installed and try to update it). And also turn off the auto-update checkbox in the ES settings.

Last edited: