Systemless Root Moto X pure edition XT1575

Joey Wortman

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a Moto X pure edition XT1575 running Marshmallow 6.0. I've read something about Pure edition owners getting stuck in the middle of booting after some version of Superuser.apk was flashed. Am I correct in saying I have to use the systemless root method? If so, should I use Superuser 2.56.apk or version 2.62? I'm also confused about TWRP. Do I have to use a device specific version of TWRP or can I even use TWRP if I root using the systemless method?

Thanks in advance for your help!

My device info:
Moto X Pure Edition XT1575 (clark)
Build# MPH24.49-18
Kernel version 3.10.84
Android version 6.0
Bootloader OxAo48

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Moto X pure edition XT1575 running Marshmallow 6.0. I've read something about Pure edition owners getting stuck in the middle of booting after some version of Superuser.apk was flashed. Am I correct in saying I have to use the systemless root method? If so, should I use Superuser 2.56.apk or version 2.62? I'm also confused about TWRP. Do I have to use a device specific version of TWRP or can I even use TWRP if I root using the systemless method?

Thanks in advance for your help!

My device info:
Moto X Pure Edition XT1575 (clark)
Build# MPH24.49-18
Kernel version 3.10.84
Android version 6.0
Bootloader OxAo48
Systemless method is required, you are correct on the terminology, but not the process or versions.

Download the latest stable SuperSU (2.78-SR1 last time I checked, it is tested and working) and place it on your SD card, and the latest TWRP img file for clark.

Next you you must unlock the bootloader via Moto's site. https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a

Next, boot the device fully, it will take a while the first time.

Now, reboot into the bootloader and boot TWRP with the command `fastboot boot twrp.img` (replace twrp.img with the name of the twrp file) and perform a full backup to your SD card, then reboot into the bootloader again.

Now flash TWRP with `fastboot flash recovery twrp.img` and start recovery, TWRP should start... Go to Reboot menu and reboot into the recovery again (this locks TWRP in so it won't be replaced by the OS on next boot).

On this start of TWRP, go to Advanced and Terminal and enter "echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersu" and press enter, then go back home and flash the current version of SuperSU.

It sounds complicated, but it really isn't that tough. The process is the same for all Moto unlocked devices with Marshmallow.

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just find a tutorial related to this topic, include it here which may help,
Root Moto X Pure Edition
If this worked for you... then great, but I would hesitate to recommend ANY one-click root to anyone for a Moto device. They are so easy to root manually and you know exactly what is going into your phone.

If I had a nickel for every Moto X Pure/Style I helped people get out of a bootloop or soft-brick condition from using a one-click root method like King/Kingoroot or similar apps, well, I would have a LOT of nickels. :)

This method you link bothers me... a lot... first, it is a PAID application. Every root applications I have seen that requires you to pay is questionable at best. Second, it makes no mention of bootloader unlocking, meaning it uses an exploit of some kind, which is a very common way to brick a MXPE. Third, the article specifically states "How to Root Moto X Pure Edition Marshmallow 6.0.1 with Android Root." well, there is no 6.0.1 for the MXPE, meaning this is a simple copy/paste job. This web page and developer seems to have red flags everywhere on there site, for me at least.

I know nothing about this developer, they may be totally legit... but their website screams scam to a long-time Android enthusiast and part-time developer. :/

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary