Anyone had experience with these two models. I have it narrowed down to one of these and it's become a tough decision now. I've hear both are similar but never handled the Nexus 6p.
    10-12-2016 04:38 PM
    Hi there,

How important are updates to you? If you want monthly updates, then the Nexus 6P will be a better choice.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    10-12-2016 04:55 PM
    I have owned and used both. What questions do you have?

FYI my daily driver is the 6P.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:15 PM
    I have owned and used both. What questions do you have?

FYI my daily driver is the 6P.
    Hey thanks man. I got the Moto X Pure last night and plan to be back at best buy to exchange this morning. Other than the fingerprint sensor, what made you go with the 6p? Personally I like the look of the 6p better but on paper these two phones are very similar. Do you find the 6p faster and smoother interface? I'm getting the silver aluminum in 32,g Will this be enough space as I'm not one to download movies or videos. I was thinking 32g was enough. What are your thoughts. I should be able to get the 6p for 399.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-13-2016 07:00 AM
    I had it narrowed down to the same 2. I ended up buying the Moto X. I played with both at Best Buy. Pulled the plug on the Moto since it was on sale for $250 and you can put in a SD card. This is my first ever Android phone so I thought I couldn't go wrong either way. Came from a long line of windows phones.
    Laura Knotek and telrod11 like this.
    10-14-2016 02:40 PM
    I had it narrowed down to the same 2. I ended up buying the Moto X. I played with both at Best Buy. Pulled the plug on the Moto since it was on sale for $250 and you can put in a SD card. This is my first ever Android phone so I thought I couldn't go wrong either way. Came from a long line of windows phones.
    I still love mine after a year. Haven't seen anything yet that makes me want to retire it, so I'm keeping it for now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-14-2016 08:27 PM
    I'm using one currently. I got it last year, and I'm not replacing it yet, since it's working great for me.

I also am a former Windows Phone user.
    10-14-2016 08:55 PM
    Yeah I recognized your user name on the windows central site. Plus I read your post here about how you switched. So that also persuaded me to look at the Moto line of phones. That and the wife wouldn't let me spend much more than 300 on a phone. She is still rocking her 640 however. I need to get her 830 fixed because she really like it, but broke the glass.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-14-2016 10:26 PM
    Motorola's features on top of Android are important to me so I would choose the Moto X Pure Edition over a Nexus 6P.

I'm not a Nexus elitist.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-14-2016 11:55 PM
    Tried both soon after they came out and stuck with the MXPE simply because it felt better in hand and particularly while on longer calls as the 6P grew uncomfortable to hold. Both are excellent devices tho and you can't go wrong with either one except maybe update frequency. I like the MXPE a lot but alas, have since moved on to an HTC 10 which I like even better. Such is the life of an android phone junky addict. Lol!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-15-2016 01:01 PM
    Tried both soon after they came out and stuck with the MXPE simply because it felt better in hand and particularly while on longer calls as the 6P grew uncomfortable to hold. Both are excellent devices tho and you can't go wrong with either one except maybe update frequency. I like the MXPE a lot but alas, have since moved on to an HTC 10 which I like even better. Such is the life of an android phone junky addict. Lol!
    I'd be curious to hear your pros and cons after having both...
    10-16-2016 06:46 AM
    I'd be curious to hear your pros and cons after having both...
    TBH, I ordered both knowing one was going back. I didn't know which one but figured I would be able to decide before the return period was up. The 6P arrived first as I was quite excited to try "pure" android and my first Nexus. I liked it a lot, the speakers, the nice screen, but was kinda big, although probably could have gotten used to it size wise. After a week I decide to order the MXPE. It arrived in 3 days, wow, fast delivery. First time I held it I knew this was scoring big points over the 6P already just for the feel in hand. The backside was nice and grippy. It was a stock back and dark blue, but grippy. This is the first time in ages I felt I could go case less. Even the 6P was to slick to safely hold for me. Then I notice quickly on my first call that an annoyance I had with the 6P was missing on the MXPE. So comfortable to hold. The dimple on the backside is perfect for placing a finger in as you hold it to your ear. The size of the 6P slab wore out my hand and I'd find myself switching hands a lot. I do have smaller hands tho and perhaps anyone with bigger hands wouldn't find this a problem. it was a nice feature tho, that dimple.
    Other observations: the speakers on both sounded great, however, the MXPE wins imo for deeper richer sound. Both phones are good but I give the edge on speaker sound to the MXPE.
    When standing them up side by side the MXPE is a little shorter in height. Same screen size yet shorter, another plus imo and made it more easily pocket-able.
    Both on my wifi, side by side speed test was an absolute wash out, same/same. So close not an issue either way.
    Again the feel of the MXPE in hand was winning me over as I place a lot of weight in comfort.
    Updates, the 6P wins. The MXPE is sorely lagging in the security updates. I think I got one, maybe two is all. Not that big a deal to me tho so wasn't much of an issue.
    YMMV, but when it comes down to it for me after using the 6P for a about 10 days I knew the choice had been made soon after I put my sim in the MXPE and started setting it up. The 6P lost big points for it's blah slab appearance, the less comfy in hand feel on especially longer calls. The fact I felt it needed a case for slips, the slightly larger size. The MXPE won big for the choices of backside options and over all great feel in hand.
    Another MXPE plus is it can be set to light up the lock screen when close enough to be looking at it. A nice feature at first then I set it to light up when I picked it up instead. I liked that a lot better.
    It runs very light as far as bloat, just the Moto apps which are fine and some convenient.
    The MXPE is quite inexpensive these days, not sure about the 6P pricing.
    in any case , I'm starting to ramble. IMHO the MXPE edges out the 6P but not by a wide margin, kinda depends on what's important to each individual, and this has been my 2cents. Good luck
    mark233 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-16-2016 12:23 PM
    Awesome write up...
    Thanks
    cbreze likes this.
    10-17-2016 04:55 AM
    Hey thanks man. I got the Moto X Pure last night and plan to be back at best buy to exchange this morning. Other than the fingerprint sensor, what made you go with the 6p? Personally I like the look of the 6p better but on paper these two phones are very similar. Do you find the 6p faster and smoother interface? I'm getting the silver aluminum in 32,g Will this be enough space as I'm not one to download movies or videos. I was thinking 32g was enough. What are your thoughts. I should be able to get the 6p for 399.
    Apologies for the late reply, looks like you already have quite a few feedbacks from others. My experience was absolutely great with the MXPE. The feel in hand, the performance, display, camera, etc. were all good. The only downside being the battery and lack of support from Motorola/Lenovo for software updates. The 6P on the other hand has been phenomenal. The software updates, longer battery life, awesome screen, etc. I do miss the active display feature though. I use a sandstone slim case (Imak) so grip is actually great. I use the phone while working out in the gym and it never slips from my pockets.
    10-17-2016 01:02 PM