New to the MXPE and impressed!

Nate Silver

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Picked one of these up on a whim the other day (I'm sort of a phone freak). So far I have to say I'm really impressed, especially at less then half the price of the current flagships. Did have a minor glitch trying to get it connected as an audio player with my car, but that appears to be resolved now. Very pleased with Motorola's close to stock UI, though I did throw on my usual Square Home launcher, since I'm a windows phone refugee and love tiles. Here in rural northern Maine, you're always skating on the edge for coverage, but so far the signal has been very good so far with my Verizon sim. Also really liking the ability to put my sd card back in for tunes and such. I'm normally a big fan of Amoled screens, but I have to say the mxpe's screen is very nice, as are the front facing speakers which seem to be quite a bit louder and better sounding than the 6P's. I'm just a casual gamer, and I think the aging 808 chip is plenty enough for what I need, seems pretty snappy.

My other phones currently include an LG V10, a Nexus 6P, and my old Lumia Icon. I've all but given up on the Icon, what with the inglorious mess that is Windows Mobile now. The V10 has always been solid, but I've never seemed to be able to develop a real relationship with it. The 6P is a beast and I love it, but it does struggle with the marginal cell coverage around here.

Anyways, just wanted to say that its early days, but so far I'm very much liking the mxpe. My Verizon contract is due for an upgrade in a month or so, and I was seriously considering a Z Force, but now might just stick with the pure for a while.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
It's a great device, no surprise you're liking it. I bought mine after it had been out awhile also and got it at a sweet price brand new. I like the idea of being out of contract and since the MXPE I have also picked up an HTC 10, also, used this time but in great shape at a sweet price. I'm liking this method of upgrading, no contracts. Enjoy your MXPE.
Moto is well known for their better than average RF abilities. Comes in handy in fringe areas

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you like your new MXPE. I got mine over a year ago, and I'm still using it and not getting a replacement yet, since it's working great for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc