I'm sure this has been discussed bit I'm new to this forum. Everytime an app updates I have update the permissions. Is there a way to set the permissions once and lock them in?
    11-22-2016 05:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you on Marshmallow? Are you saying that when you update an app, then start using it again, it will ask you again to grant individual permissions as needed, even though you've granted them before? Do you know for sure that the apps didn't have any new permissions in the changelog (in the Google Play Store)?
    11-22-2016 06:06 PM
    Hmm... that's a new one. I am with @B. Diddy here, are you sure it's asking for the same permissions, or new ones? Remember that with Marshmallow you don't grant an app it's permissions until it is run for the first time, but they should carry through an update from the Play Store.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-22-2016 08:47 PM
    Hi. Yes, I am using Marshmallow. Verizon voicemail, whatsapp, and a few others. I have go back into apps area, open the app then click permissions. They are all off again after every update. I think it's a bit crazy. Thanks for the help.
    11-23-2016 10:13 PM
    Strange -- I've never seen this behavior on my own devices. I wonder if there could be some 3rd party security software on the phone that might be responsible (either something preinstalled by Verizon or something you installed).
    11-23-2016 11:28 PM
    This is not standard or normal behavior at all, it intrigued me a little and I tried to do something to make this happen but could not find a way... I have several stock Moto devices on Marshmallow and this has never happened on any of them, including my X Pure. You have some app that is interfering with this, probably a security or antivirus app of somekind. If you can't find the culprit and since this effects permissions and could potentially effect other permissions, I would recommend a factory reset and setup from scratch.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-24-2016 09:22 PM