02-12-2017 09:39 AM
59 123
tools
    I was able to install the 9/16 patch by removing my T-Mobile SIM and using wifi to download and install it.
    Question. Will i need to remove my T-Mobile SIM in order to install N(7.0) over wifi as well?
    02-07-2017 12:27 PM
    I was able to install the 9/16 patch by removing my T-Mobile SIM and using wifi to download and install it.
    Question. Will i need to remove my T-Mobile SIM in order to install N(7.0) over wifi as well?
    We left our cricket sim(s) in both of our mxpe's, and got the maintenance release. I'm not sure whether having the carrier Sim in or out makes a difference.

Anyone verify whether the SIM makes a difference?
    02-08-2017 06:11 AM
    We left our cricket sim(s) in both of our mxpe's, and got the maintenance release. I'm not sure whether having the carrier Sim in or out makes a difference.

Anyone verify whether the SIM makes a difference?
    For T-Mobile, it seems you do for some reason...
    zuben el genubi likes this.
    02-08-2017 07:34 AM
    Thanks. You didn't have to for the first update in Feb.
    It isn't a TMO branded phone, so it has to be the SIM.

Popped the holder halfway out, phone updating - hopefully.

Now I just hope I don't have to go through and update all my "no's"
    02-08-2017 09:15 AM
    Thanks. You didn't have to for the first update in Feb.
    It isn't a TMO branded phone, so it has to be the SIM.

Popped the holder halfway out, phone updating - hopefully.

Now I just hope I don't have to go through and update all my "no's"
    Weird part was that i tried updating using MDM with the SIM in and it didn't update. just a pickadilla i guess
    02-08-2017 09:28 AM
    Weird part was that i tried updating using MDM with the SIM in and it didn't update. just a pickadilla i guess
    I thought system updates for 3rd generation and newer devices (Moto G 2015, Moto X Pure/Style, Moto G4, Moto Z, etc) was no longer supported with MDM... Lenovo doesn't seem to interested in maintaining a separate tool (and don't get me started on the fact I believe they aren't really interesting in doing updates on devices over 12 months old either).
    02-08-2017 11:59 AM
    I didnt know that MDM doesn't support the MXPE. That sucks.
    02-09-2017 11:25 AM
    For T-Mobile, it seems you do for some reason...
    Can anyone on T-Mobile verify your APN type parameter of your current APN? I wonder if this has to do with "fota" type... On AT&T my APN Type is set to "default,mms,supl,hipri,fota" and I have always gotten OTAs quite normally... I know fota is an acronym for Firmware Over The Air.

Just a thought...
    02-10-2017 11:21 AM
    Mine isn't. It's the normal FAST. The closest APN I'd have is for the old DUN for PC Web. Did you have a Moto phone that was sold by TMO in the past?

On mine, I could also have disabled whatever runs the updates. I got the phone in Feb a year ago and was probably still looking for stuff to disable. I simply don't need all the extra crap.

I'd like to be able to disable almost everything. That dumb Doze would be one of the first to go.
    02-12-2017 09:39 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD