WiFi does not work after unlocking bootloader

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You just unlocked the bootloader and didn't do anything else like root and you lost WiFi and mobile connectivity?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I did root the phone after the WiFi wasn't working
Some rooting methods use a customized boot image that is version specific and doesn't work properly because the radio firmware and kernel are out of sync now... Sounds like you used an old method.

Best bet is to restore boot and system in TWRP from your pre-root backup, verify boot, and root via the systemless method.

If you don't have a pre-root backup, you need to reflash the boot.img and system sparcechunks manually in fastboot to fix it correctly... Be warned of people who just tell you to flash an older radio version, although that may get it working it's not a good answer as your device gets in a mixed version state.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x-style/general/guide-how-to-root-pure-style-t3503958

xalmansh

Dec 20, 2018
Visit site
Some rooting methods use a customized boot image that is version specific and doesn't work properly because the radio firmware and kernel are out of sync now... Sounds like you used an old method.

Best bet is to restore boot and system in TWRP from your pre-root backup, verify boot, and root via the systemless method.

If you don't have a pre-root backup, you need to reflash the boot.img and system sparcechunks manually in fastboot to fix it correctly... Be warned of people who just tell you to flash an older radio version, although that may get it working it's not a good answer as your device gets in a mixed version state.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x-style/general/guide-how-to-root-pure-style-t3503958

I have the same problem but i am using a moto g 2g xt1068 eveything works except wifi and i am furstrated. i have tried many things it doesnt seem to work. i just rooted it yesterday

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2