02-14-2017 02:35 PM
34 12
tools
    Your help would be awesome, please let me know how. Right know the things I have done are to wipe the cache and I'm in safe mode for testing.

I also removed the apps I don't use the much, all that was yesterday and it wasn't getting to hot, went up to 106 while charging and browsing the internet. Today I haven't use it much, I disconected the phone from the charger around 7am and as of right now I have 80% which is great but all that is in safe mode so none of the apps I have installed are working right now.

Let me know how you were able to fix yours.

Thanks.
    01-06-2017 02:49 PM
    You could try choosing LTE/CDMA instead of Global, and see if that makes a difference.

Here are the cache wipe steps for future reference: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9541

The screen should automatically be turning off on a call when you hold it against your ear. If it isn't, that might mean the proximity sensor is faulty. Does the same thing happen in Safe Mode as well? https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9541

I'm not sure how much the ambient display feature should be using battery. GSam seems to be placing the lion's share of battery usage on the Phone Radio, so I'm guessing the ambient display doesn't contribute that much.
    I always used the speaker but I did notice today that if I don't and put the phone close to my ear the screen won't turn off. I know in my old samsung I can change that but it looks like that can't be done on the x pure and by what you said it could have a faulty sensor?
    01-06-2017 03:23 PM
    It might be a faulty sensor, but see if it happens in Safe Mode first. A 3rd party app might be interfering with how the sensor works.
    01-06-2017 11:24 PM
    You can see very easily if the sensor is working or not. Open the app drawer, select the 'Help' app (big interrogation mark), tap on 'Fix', select Proximity Sensor and follow instructions.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-07-2017 06:45 AM
    Hi guys, I started having overheating issues again and did wiped the cache and still, I tried the safe mode again and it seems to be working so I assume one of my apps it's messing up things.

This is the list of app I have
    Weather bug
    Whats app
    Gas buddy
    Text plus
    Discover card
    Gsam
    And Facebook message

Is there a way to tell which one is causing problems other than trying one by one?

Thanks
    01-23-2017 02:24 PM
    Hi guys, I started having overheating issues again and did wiped the cache and still, I tried the safe mode again and it seems to be working so I assume one of my apps it's messing up things.

This is the list of app I have
    Weather bug
    Whats app
    Gas buddy
    Text plus
    Discover card
    Gsam
    And Facebook message

Is there a way to tell which one is causing problems other than trying one by one?

Thanks
    Weatherbug has been known to have issues keeping the device awake, same with Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger.

GSAM would be the key to diagnose the issue, a runaway app is usually pretty easy to find. Enable the advanced battery statistics reporting via adb and within a short time it should pretty easy to see what is using up the battery (that is probably the cause of the heating as well).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-23-2017 08:57 PM
    Weatherbug has been known to have issues keeping the device awake, same with Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger.

GSAM would be the key to diagnose the issue, a runaway app is usually pretty easy to find. Enable the advanced battery statistics reporting via adb and within a short time it should pretty easy to see what is using up the battery (that is probably the cause of the heating as well).
    Sorry for the igorance but what's adb?

Right now I'm not having a big issue with battery draining but at the same time I'm not using the phone that much to really tell, overheating is the main issue right not as after probably 20 minutes to feels hot and the temp was around 108, at first when I started the thread it was up to 113 degrees thou.
    01-23-2017 09:38 PM
    Sorry for the igorance but what's adb?

Right now I'm not having a big issue with battery draining but at the same time I'm not using the phone that much to really tell, overheating is the main issue right not as after probably 20 minutes to feels hot and the temp was around 108, at first when I started the thread it was up to 113 degrees thou.
    This phone does run warm... 105-110 isn't unusual. Is this a change from before?

ADB is Android Debugging Bridge, a command line tool. GSAM has a way you can use adb to give it additional permissions to gather more in depth statistics. It was formerly beta only but now in general release. https://plus.google.com/+GeorgeTanner/posts/gT5f7XntmEu
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-23-2017 09:46 PM
    I have similar issues where my battery is now draining much quicker than before with lower screen time. I just setup GSAM adb so I'll wait for a full cycle. But here are a couple of snapshots of the regular GSAM from earlier today and let night.

Moto x pure phone temps and battery-noname.jpgMoto x pure phone temps and battery-noname-1-.jpg
    02-14-2017 02:35 PM
34 12