Nav bar at bottom stays on new screens

MMMDDDZZZ

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Recently, the navigation bar at bottom of screen, with triangle, circle, and square, tends to stay on with a previous screen's background when on a new screen. The faint image of the previous screen is carried over to next screen. Anyone else notice this? Cause, fix?

lerdsuwa

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
Sound like screen drawing issue. Maybe the phone getting busy with some apps consuming lots of CPU in the middle while the screen is fading out old screen. Just a guess.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if I completely understand what you mean. The navigation bar should stay the same on all your screens, unless you are using any app that enables immersive mode. Also, are you using the stock launcher or a custom one?

MMMDDDZZZ

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Stock launcher.
It hasn't done this today, but I will post a screenshot when it happens again.
To clarify, the block at bottom of screen, where triangle, circle and square are usually has black background. Sometimes, instead of black, the image that's on the screen appears behind those symbols, and then if I go to another screen, that previous strip of image is carried on to the next screen instead of the black background.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Stock launcher.
It hasn't done this today, but I will post a screenshot when it happens again.
To clarify, the block at bottom of screen, where triangle, circle and square are usually has black background. Sometimes, instead of black, the image that's on the screen appears behind those symbols, and then if I go to another screen, that previous strip of image is carried on to the next screen instead of the black background.
Got it now :) The navigation bar keeps the background from your home screen wallpaper when you open an app. Does it stay until you close the app or changes to black after a little while?

If it changes to black after a little while it could be a drawing problem, as stated above, caused by heavy processes running in the background. Another possibility is a launcher glitch. Clear cache from settings - storage, restart the phone and see if the problem persists.

If it stays until you close the app then it could be a bug in the system or a conflict with a third party app. Does it happen when you open any particular apps? Can you find any kind of pattern?

Agreed with B. Diddy, a cache partition wipe could help.

MMMDDDZZZ

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Many thanks all. I have cleared cache, as described and the issue hadn't happened since. Looking for future occurrences, and will try to develop any patterns. When it occurred, it would sometimes just resolve by itself, when going from one screen to the next.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Many thanks all. I have cleared cache, as described and the issue hadn't happened since. Looking for future occurrences, and will try to develop any patterns. When it occurred, it would sometimes just resolve by itself, when going from one screen to the next.
Glad to hear that! Tell us how it goes.

MMMDDDZZZ

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Here's a screenshot, with grey background from a text message. This carries over to new screens, for example, now when I'm writing this post.

Attachments

• 108501.jpg
    108501.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 33

MMMDDDZZZ

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I checked saved screenshot - the background on it is black. But now on my screen, shows grey from previous text message page.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That sounds like image retention. Do you have the brightness level very high? Enable adaptive brightness, keep the level at about 50% and see if it makes any difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC