Recently, the navigation bar at bottom of screen, with triangle, circle, and square, tends to stay on with a previous screen's background when on a new screen. The faint image of the previous screen is carried over to next screen. Anyone else notice this? Cause, fix?
    01-16-2017 09:13 PM
    You didn't happen to set a screenshot as your wallpaper, did you?
    01-16-2017 10:36 PM
    Nope, just a photo. It it intermittent. Happens occasionally.
    01-17-2017 10:15 AM
    Sound like screen drawing issue. Maybe the phone getting busy with some apps consuming lots of CPU in the middle while the screen is fading out old screen. Just a guess.
    01-17-2017 10:47 AM
    Can you show us a screenshot of what you're seeing? http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    01-17-2017 11:33 AM
    I'm not sure if I completely understand what you mean. The navigation bar should stay the same on all your screens, unless you are using any app that enables immersive mode. Also, are you using the stock launcher or a custom one?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-17-2017 12:01 PM
    Stock launcher.
    It hasn't done this today, but I will post a screenshot when it happens again.
    To clarify, the block at bottom of screen, where triangle, circle and square are usually has black background. Sometimes, instead of black, the image that's on the screen appears behind those symbols, and then if I go to another screen, that previous strip of image is carried on to the next screen instead of the black background.
    01-17-2017 09:32 PM
    See what happens if you wipe the cache partition: https://motorola-global-en-aus.custh...p/30,6720,9541
    01-18-2017 02:35 AM
    Stock launcher.
    It hasn't done this today, but I will post a screenshot when it happens again.
    To clarify, the block at bottom of screen, where triangle, circle and square are usually has black background. Sometimes, instead of black, the image that's on the screen appears behind those symbols, and then if I go to another screen, that previous strip of image is carried on to the next screen instead of the black background.
    Got it now The navigation bar keeps the background from your home screen wallpaper when you open an app. Does it stay until you close the app or changes to black after a little while?

If it changes to black after a little while it could be a drawing problem, as stated above, caused by heavy processes running in the background. Another possibility is a launcher glitch. Clear cache from settings - storage, restart the phone and see if the problem persists.

If it stays until you close the app then it could be a bug in the system or a conflict with a third party app. Does it happen when you open any particular apps? Can you find any kind of pattern?

Agreed with B. Diddy, a cache partition wipe could help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-18-2017 08:17 AM
    Many thanks all. I have cleared cache, as described and the issue hadn't happened since. Looking for future occurrences, and will try to develop any patterns. When it occurred, it would sometimes just resolve by itself, when going from one screen to the next.
    Javier P and B. Diddy like this.
    01-18-2017 01:03 PM
    Many thanks all. I have cleared cache, as described and the issue hadn't happened since. Looking for future occurrences, and will try to develop any patterns. When it occurred, it would sometimes just resolve by itself, when going from one screen to the next.
    Glad to hear that! Tell us how it goes.
    01-18-2017 02:09 PM
    Here's a screenshot, with grey background from a text message. This carries over to new screens, for example, now when I'm writing this post.
    Attached Thumbnails Nav bar at bottom stays on new screens-108501.jpg  
    01-18-2017 07:16 PM
    Ok, weird. The grey area doesn't show on screen shot, but it's there as I type. ???
    01-18-2017 07:17 PM
    I checked saved screenshot - the background on it is black. But now on my screen, shows grey from previous text message page.
    01-18-2017 07:19 PM
    That sounds like image retention. Do you have the brightness level very high? Enable adaptive brightness, keep the level at about 50% and see if it makes any difference.
    01-19-2017 08:22 AM
    Level is about 20% and adaptive is on.
    01-19-2017 03:32 PM
    Update:. Still happens once in a while. Found this:
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.andro...ue-687393/amp/

Tried reboot, fixed for a while, but comes back. On latest marshmallow
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-31-2017 09:00 PM