02-15-2018 02:20 PM
84 1234
tools
    And where can you get a new MXPE these days, preferably the 64gb?
    B&H Photo stocks the 64GB model for $329 new, and the 32GB and 16GB versions.

They are the last reputable retailer I know about that stock them new... Best Buy did until about a week ago, know all 3 models show "This item is no longer available." for new ones, although they still carry refurbished units with warranty.
    Coresh likes this.
    04-28-2017 04:20 PM
    Thanks. I know that BestBuy sold them on sale for $250 for the 64gb, so $329 is a bit expensive
    04-28-2017 05:12 PM
    If I were to replace my Pure right now it would be the LGG6. My daughter's is really impressive.
    04-28-2017 05:13 PM
    Thanks. I know that BestBuy sold them on sale for $250 for the 64gb, so $329 is a bit expensive
    That was the refurbished price... the 32GB sold new a couple times as a Deal of the Day for $250, the 64GB was $299 for a best price new on BB to my knowledge. I could be wrong but I watch those deals pretty regularly.

Is $329 a bit steep for a 64GB Moto X Pure? Maybe... To be honest I still don't see why 32GB+microSD isn't enough, I can still get by on 16GB if I need to.
    Coresh likes this.
    04-28-2017 09:48 PM
    And where can one get a new MXPE these days, preferably the 64gb?
    I bought the 32GB last Fall and threw a 64GB sd in it for $16 more. Adding memory was very easy and far cheaper than buying the 64GB model.
    05-15-2017 12:45 PM
    I'm tired of Android...... I'll be replacing my MXPE with an iPhone when the X finally dies. My X is a year and a half old and works like new in every way....no loss in battery life at all, no screen issues/overheating/lagging ect. It's been perfect..... too bad it's running Android or I'd love the thing ;-)
    05-16-2017 06:23 AM
    What is Motorola's best phone at the moment
    06-25-2017 11:30 AM
    What is Motorola's best phone at the moment
    Best is pretty subjective here... But probably the Moto G5 Plus 4GB/64GB, although we are still waiting on the Moto X4 that should be released in the near future.
    06-25-2017 12:28 PM
    My XPE battery has been fading - running hot and dropping charge quickly, even when the phone is off. If the XPE had a user-replaceable battery (no, phone surgery doesn't count) I would stay with it. Had to go, though, so I went with Sprint's LG V20 father's day deal. I'd prefer a non-carrier phone but the deal (and free 49" TV) changed my mind.
    06-26-2017 05:47 PM
    My XPE battery has been fading - running hot and dropping charge quickly, even when the phone is off. If the XPE had a user-replaceable battery (no, phone surgery doesn't count) I would stay with it. Had to go, though, so I went with Sprint's LG V20 father's day deal. I'd prefer a non-carrier phone but the deal (and free 49" TV) changed my mind.
    Same issue here, that is why I asked the question of best existing Motorola phone. Between my office and car chargers I can keep the charge up. Don't know if and when my MPE gets nougat if battery performance will improve. So many things I like about the MPE (camera is NOT one of them) hate to retire it after only a couple years. Will hold on for now. And not willing to switch carriers.
    ScottMGS likes this.
    06-26-2017 07:11 PM
    I replaced mine already with an HTC 10. Love the 10 and it's a much better size for my liking. The MXPE got annoying after about a year or less. Tired of big phones finally. I got the 10 used about a year ago and that was the end of the MXPE for me. I'd sell it if it were worth anything.
    07-05-2017 11:42 PM
    I still love my Moto XPE and I'm having a hard time deciding on a replacement. At first I was concerned the screen was going to be too big but its not and now I'm used to it. It would be nice for Moto to come out with a big/bigger screen like the MXPE with slim bezels, big 4000+ mah battery and dual cameras. A 660 SoC and FHD would be fine. Moto needs more diversity than the 5'2 and 5'5 clone phones they've been pushing.
    07-06-2017 07:17 AM
    My battery is lasting less than three hours. I'm lugging around a battery pack on vacation in DC. Yesterday it died charged it up for a couple of hours then it used 55% (leaving me with 45% battery) by the time it booted. It will power down anywhere from 35ish percent down, without warning.

I wanted to wait for either the next note (8)or big pixel 2. But dang near went to get a S8+ Wednesday, but I head back home Friday. So I just need to get through today. I reset to factory about a month ago trying to 'fix' battery issues.

5.7 is my minimum screen size.
    Moto /Lenovo are out of the running for the foreseeable future for me.
    I pre-ordered this xpe the minute it was available. So it's about 20 month old. I'm unrooted
    07-06-2017 07:28 AM
    My battery is lasting less than three hours. I'm lugging around a battery pack on vacation in DC. Yesterday it died charged it up for a couple of hours then it used 55% (leaving me with 45% battery) by the time it booted. It will power down anywhere from 35ish percent down, without warning.

I wanted to wait for either the next note (8)or big pixel 2. But dang near went to get a S8+ Wednesday, but I head back home Friday. So I just need to get through today. I reset to factory about a month ago trying to 'fix' battery issues.

5.7 is my minimum screen size.
    Moto /Lenovo are out of the running for the foreseeable future for me.
    I pre-ordered this xpe the minute it was available. So it's about 20 month old. I'm unrooted
    When is the last time you did a cache wipe?

Also, replacing the battery isn't overly difficult on these device, just watch a few YT videos, but I recommend ordering a replacement back with adhesive as well.

That said, the battery life of the MXPE is pretty bad, especially outdoors... the screen is a massive battery hog and the "price" for having such a nice display is battery life.
    beandaddy likes this.
    07-06-2017 08:22 AM
    if you're coming from the MxP I would say pixel XL all the way
    07-06-2017 12:20 PM
    if you're coming from the MxP I would say pixel XL all the way
    I was hoping to wait for the pixel 2 xl.
    But, I'm really getting annoyed with the xpe.
    It did its job though. It was fine for a year.
    07-09-2017 07:25 AM
    I feel your pain
    Attached Thumbnails If you decide to replace your Moto X PE what phone would you get?-71061.jpg  
    beandaddy likes this.
    07-09-2017 10:01 AM
    I love my MXPE but I jumped on the Amazon Prime deal for the Mate 9 ($449). I've been interested in the Mate 9 for a while and especially for the strong battery. I'll keep my MXPE as a backup and will wait to see what the Moto X4 has to offer if the Mate disappoints.
    07-12-2017 06:44 AM
    s8+.
    bought two yesterday.
    and too many accessories. wireless chargers, not enough cables...
    still not sold on it, BUT dang if this battery does not make the mxpe look weak.
    ffejjj and roadmaster5959 like this.
    07-13-2017 01:28 AM
    When is the last time you did a cache wipe?

Also, replacing the battery isn't overly difficult on these device, just watch a few YT videos, but I recommend ordering a replacement back with adhesive as well.

That said, the battery life of the MXPE is pretty bad, especially outdoors... the screen is a massive battery hog and the "price" for having such a nice display is battery life.
    I've already replaced mine with the LG G6, which I love. However, you've inspired me to try replacing the battery on the X. I miss a lot of the features (chop for flashlight, twist for camera etc.) and would make a great back up if my G6 get's damaged. Thanks for the tip!

BTW, the Moto Z Force was a strong contender, but I couldn't see paying that much money and the unlocked version (I'm on T-Mobile) supposedly was missing certain bands that I needed. In the end, the G6 was a great price for the feature set.
    07-19-2017 12:31 PM
    I feel your pain
    Yep, that's pretty much what mine looks like. It was never great, but towards the end, I was charging it 3 times a day on average. I just moved to the G6 and it took a few days to get used to the fact that I don't have to charge it except once in the morning. I now have about 40-50% battery left over by 8pm-ish!
    07-19-2017 12:34 PM
    Anyone going with Moto Z2 Play?
    07-28-2017 02:16 PM
    I gave it a serious thought, especially with the great reviews the original Z Play received. I loved my Moto XPE but the processor left me wanting more and seemed sluggish after a while. I was afraid the same would happen with the Z2 Play.

The Z Force was also on my short-list, but the price was way more than I wanted to pay. The battery on both was super tempting.

In the end, I decided I wanted a premium phone, but at a good price so I weren't with the LG G6.
    07-28-2017 02:34 PM
    I'm thinking about it. But I want to see if a new X (heavily rumored) debuts or if we ever get 7.0 or 7.1.1 if that makes the X Pure better. Guess I'm going to have to wait...
    07-28-2017 06:10 PM
    I'm thinking about it. But I want to see if a new X (heavily rumored) debuts or if we ever get 7.0 or 7.1.1 if that makes the X Pure better. Guess I'm going to have to wait...
    I'm having a hard time believing that Nougat will dramatically improve battery life as the screen is the big drain and my standby drain isn't too bad. Of course I don't have a SIM card in it either. It sure is nice to hold compared to the Z Force.
    07-28-2017 07:34 PM
84 1234