03-13-2019 08:35 AM
131 ... 3456
tools
    New battery is a game changer.
    Install AccuBattery if you want to compare before/after capacity.

Then clearing all the app's caches really frees up tons of room
    and there really is no reason to upgrade except boredom.
    09-06-2018 03:34 PM
    Getting my battery replaced this week. Still considering an LG V30+ though
    I moved to the V30+ and couldn't be happier. Better in every way in my opinion.
    09-06-2018 05:27 PM
    Yea, but it's an LG.

My LG G2 fritzed way too quickly.
    Will not buy LG junk again.
    Plus, $700? Wowsa.

Go Moto !
    09-06-2018 07:01 PM
    My carrier has the V30+ for $600
    09-06-2018 09:09 PM
    For me, my XPE is "comfortable". My XPE is 50% business. 50%personal. It works great with my Honda Accord. Pics are acceptable. I envy the quality of the pics my wife's IPhone 7+ takes but I'll never go apple. That being said, I'm REALLY tempted by my carrier's V30+
    09-06-2018 09:12 PM
    I went ahead and upgraded to a pixel..... got it on sale half price brand new. It's running Pie and is an awesome upgrade..... plus I paid about the same for it as I did my mxpe on sale.
    My mxpe is still running as good as ever after 2 and a half years..... I just wanted a backup phone because of the trade war bs and possible skyrocketing phone prices, and I've wanted to try a pixel for awhile now. ;-)
    09-21-2018 03:26 AM
    I had the battery replaced 2 weeks ago. It's better, but not what I was expecting. I still need to keep it on a charge, and with even moderate use, I'm charging it twice per day. not what I was expecting. Old battery on the accubattery app was showing 1200 capacity. This, after 2 weeks is showing 2100 of 3000 capacity. So....yuck. Was worth trying though. Still going to look at V30+/Pixel 3 or something else.
    10-16-2018 08:01 AM
    I had the battery replaced 2 weeks ago. It's better, but not what I was expecting. I still need to keep it on a charge, and with even moderate use, I'm charging it twice per day. not what I was expecting. Old battery on the accubattery app was showing 1200 capacity. This, after 2 weeks is showing 2100 of 3000 capacity. So....yuck. Was worth trying though. Still going to look at V30+/Pixel 3 or something else.
    This is the problem with "new" batteries for this device, they are unused but have been sitting for four years, they are not new. If you find one that is truly new, it is probably smaller battery put in a shell that fits our device since this battery was pretty unique.
    10-16-2018 11:24 AM
    I ended up ordering the LG V40. It should be here by the middle of next week. I will miss my Pure though. I may try the battery replacement on it and try keeping it for a back up.
    10-26-2018 01:24 PM
    I'm still getting my mxpe out daily to sync my Fitbit to, because fitbit's app doesn't work on Pie on my pixel. Makes me appreciate how well designed and nice fitting in the hand the mxpe is. It's caseless right now, and doesn't feel much bigger than my 5 inch pixel. Pretty good for a 5.8 inch phone ;-)

It was definitely ahead of it's time.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    10-26-2018 01:53 PM
    if you're still looking for a suitable replacement to the Moto XPE, but haven't pulled the trigger yet, let me suggest the OnePlus 6T. It's fantastic! The battery life is amazeballs and, like the Moto XPE, it's got near stock Android, but with minor tweaks that are actually helpfull.

I originally switched to the LG G6, which was fine but lacked that something special the Moto X had, so I traded it in for the OP6T and I'm so impressed!

If you've been holding off, this might be the one!
    11-17-2018 08:16 AM

I 100% agree! The Moto XPE (the og Moto X, too) will always be in my phone Hall of Fame alongside the Palm Pre, BB Curve and BB Bold, the black Moto RAZR V3 and the Lumia 920.

I still find myself doing the chop chop to get the flashlight two phones later.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-17-2018 08:30 AM
    I ended up getting the LG G7. Got one lightly used mint for under $400.

OnePlus6 was a VERY strong contender, but priced a bit higher than G7
    The 128GB version is closer to $450

Dual Camera
    6.3" screen
    6GB RAM
    64GB/128GB
    Android 8
    3300 battery
    2018 release
    Headphone jack

Only downside to OnePlus 6
    No SD card
    11-17-2018 08:56 AM
    What did you pay for the 6T ? $550 new.
    I'd rather buy a new 6T than a used 6 for $450
    I'm glad I went with G7 in the high $300s
    11-17-2018 08:58 AM
    Yeah, I almost got the LG G7 from T-Mobile in October when they were doing the BOGO sale. We needed to upgrade my wife's G5 before a big business trip she had but we were one day late and missed it. She went ahead and got the G7 but I decided to wait.

Soon after they announced the on sale date for the OP6T, and I knew it was fate. 😃

I did the TMobile trade in for my G6 and got $300 credit making my price $280.

I ended up getting the LG G7. Got one lightly used mint for under $400.

OnePlus6 was a VERY strong contender, but priced a bit higher than G7
    The 128GB version is closer to $450

Dual Camera
    6.3" screen
    6GB RAM
    64GB/128GB
    Android 8
    3300 battery
    2018 release
    Headphone jack

Only downside to OnePlus 6
    No SD card
    11-17-2018 09:06 AM
    $300 for the G7 is a fantastic deal. what really got me excited about the OP6T was the battery. The only thing my wife doesn't like about her G7 is the battery and I had the same compliant about the G6 (and the Moto XPE, actually).

The OP6T has a 3700 battery and it last all day for me.

What did you pay for the 6T ? $550 new.
    I'd rather buy a new 6T than a used 6 for $450
    I'm glad I went with G7 in the high $300s
    11-17-2018 09:12 AM
    Wow, the G6 is a $175 used value. Killer trade in price.
    Your cost would have been about $400 if you sold it on your own.
    11-17-2018 09:14 AM
    My MXP and G7 battery lasts for almost 2 days.
    11-17-2018 09:20 AM
    Yep, when they announced the list of available trade-in phones I was shocked so I jumped on it. Glad I did because they stopped the offer the next week. I'd have been pissed if I went in the next weekend and I had to pay full price.

Wow, the G6 is a $175 used value. Killer trade in price.
    Your cost would have been about $400 if you sold it on your own.
    11-17-2018 09:21 AM
    My MXP and G7 battery lasts for almost 2 days.
    Oh wow. I never got close to that on either phone. If gotten used to having a charger everywhere I went for 2+ years. I forgot what freedom was like!
    11-17-2018 09:23 AM
    Well, I missed out on the V40 on US Cellular's installment plan at $4/mo - back up to $29/mo. V30+ is still $599 outright. Now the S9 and S9+ are $4/mo on installment plan. Would love to look at Oneplus 6 or 6T but US Cellular is CMDA and that kills it for Oneplus - there is a funky work around I guess, but not too interested in that. Still hoping for some Black Friday deal. My MXPE keeps chugging along with frequent charging needed.
    11-19-2018 07:36 AM
    That it definitely was. I was astonished when checking phonearena in comparing the MXPE to prospective replacements. How close the specs are, and in some ways are better. (PPI and Screen resolution)

if you're still looking for a suitable replacement to the Moto XPE, but haven't pulled the trigger yet, let me suggest the OnePlus 6T. It's fantastic! The battery life is amazeballs and, like the Moto XPE, it's got near stock Android, but with minor tweaks that are actually helpfull.

I originally switched to the LG G6, which was fine but lacked that something special the Moto X had, so I traded it in for the OP6T and I'm so impressed!

If you've been holding off, this might be the one!
    I wound up making the same decision. I thoroughly enjoy all of the Moto features the MXPE has, and Moto's improvements to the Android OS, however the current batch of Motorola's left me wanting.

Pulled the trigger on a OnePlus 6T couple weeks ago, and so far am quite impressed. Lasting 2-days on a charge with medium playing and futzing with it.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    11-20-2018 02:04 PM
    That it definitely was. I was astonished when checking phonearena in comparing the MXPE to prospective replacements. How close the specs are, and in some ways are better. (PPI and Screen resolution)

I wound up making the same decision. I thoroughly enjoy all of the Moto features the MXPE has, and Moto's improvements to the Android OS, however the current batch of Motorola's left me wanting.

Pulled the trigger on a OnePlus 6T couple weeks ago, and so far am quite impressed. Lasting 2-days on a charge with medium playing and futzing with it.
    This phone is awesome, isn't it? I can honestly say that I've not been as impressed with a phone since the original Moto X. Mostly it's the speed and the battery life, I think. These phones have that original Nexus feel to them.
    11-20-2018 02:28 PM
    This phone is awesome, isn't it? I can honestly say that I've not been as impressed with a phone since the original Moto X. Mostly it's the speed and the battery life, I think. These phones have that original Nexus feel to them.
    It is, and you're right it does have a nice clean Nexus feel to it. I'll admit I had second thoughts after ordering it and thought maybe I'd only test drive it for a week and then "settle" for a Z3. (Honestly I was hoping the Motorola One's had better specs) But it is a very pure experience with Android, as you said akin to the old Nexus lines, while having some "neat" features without being overboard, like the under screen fingerprint sensor. So far I'm a pretty happy camper.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    11-20-2018 02:46 PM
    It is, and you're right it does have a nice clean Nexus feel to it. I'll admit I had second thoughts after ordering it and thought maybe I'd only test drive it for a week and then "settle" for a Z3. (Honestly I was hoping the Motorola One's had better specs) But it is a very pure experience with Android, as you said akin to the old Nexus lines, while having some "neat" features without being overboard, like the under screen fingerprint sensor. So far I'm a pretty happy camper.
    Yeah, I was hoping the same for the Motorola One line. I honestly don't understand how phone manufacturers don't understand this. Give us a pure android experience with no bloatware, fast performance, and a sub $600 price point and they'll enjoy a loyal, cult like following. I understand profits and such, but I highly doubt that Oneplus is working on a deficit year after year.
    11-20-2018 03:33 PM
131 ... 3456