If you decide to replace your Moto X PE what phone would you get?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Updates come from Motorola, it shouldn't matter what network.

When it does matter because we've seen where the phone detects what SIM is in it and uses that to decide if you can get an update. It's still not an update from a carrier though.

AKS4

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Well it looks as though the phone gods have chosen it's time to move on from my MXPE. It is a wonderful phone for the time it was created, and even today takes realy great photos (in the daytime). BUT an issue with my screen has cropped up.

Now to review this thread and decide Pixel 2 XL with it's fruit level entry price, but awesome camera, even for night shots; or give the OnePlus 5T a try. I wish there was a Moto device appealing to me, as I know I'll miss Moto's little tweaks to Android.

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Well it looks as though the phone gods have chosen it's time to move on from my MXPE. It is a wonderful phone for the time it was created, and even today takes realy great photos (in the daytime). BUT an issue with my screen has cropped up.

Now to review this thread and decide Pixel 2 XL with it's fruit level entry price, but awesome camera, even for night shots; or give the OnePlus 5T a try. I wish there was a Moto device appealing to me, as I know I'll miss Moto's little tweaks to Android.

Have you considered the Moto X4 Android One variant?

AKS4

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Have you considered the Moto X4 Android One variant?

I didn't look at the Android One version, but the standard version. I'm not too sold on all glass phones. I'd prefer they revive the motomaker. I DID get a bit of a reprieve though, as a cell phone repair place had a "high quality" replacement screen in stock. ~$100 later back in business, hopefully for another 2 years.

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I didn't look at the Android One version, but the standard version. I'm not too sold on all glass phones. I'd prefer they revive the motomaker. I DID get a bit of a reprieve though, as a cell phone repair place had a "high quality" replacement screen in stock. ~$100 later back in business, hopefully for another 2 years.
A friend just got a refurbished V20. Anyone replace their XPE with an LG V20 or 30 and care to chime in?

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I replaced my XPE with a V20 back in June. I miss some of the Moto features but everything else is fine. Plus, replaceable battery!

goodenough

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
My Moto X Pure still kicks ***.

I replaced the battery just last month. Cost me $15.
Battery capacity back to 100% 3000mAh

Running OS v.7

What a great value for $290 back in early 2016 or so.

I am now thinking of upgrading to X4 or Z2 Force.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My Moto X Pure still kicks ***.

I replaced the battery just last month. Cost me $15.
Battery capacity back to 100% 3000mAh

Running OS v.7

What a great value for $290 back in early 2016 or so.

I am now thinking of upgrading to X4 or Z2 Force.

Do you have a link to the battery you bought?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt