If you decide to replace your Moto X PE what phone would you get?

goodenough

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
New battery is a game changer.
Install AccuBattery if you want to compare before/after capacity.

Then clearing all the app's caches really frees up tons of room
and there really is no reason to upgrade except boredom.

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
For me, my XPE is "comfortable". My XPE is 50% business. 50%personal. It works great with my Honda Accord. Pics are acceptable. I envy the quality of the pics my wife's IPhone 7+ takes but I'll never go apple. That being said, I'm REALLY tempted by my carrier's V30+

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I went ahead and upgraded to a pixel..... got it on sale half price brand new. It's running Pie and is an awesome upgrade..... plus I paid about the same for it as I did my mxpe on sale.
My mxpe is still running as good as ever after 2 and a half years..... I just wanted a backup phone because of the trade war bs and possible skyrocketing phone prices, and I've wanted to try a pixel for awhile now. ;-)

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I had the battery replaced 2 weeks ago. It's better, but not what I was expecting. I still need to keep it on a charge, and with even moderate use, I'm charging it twice per day. not what I was expecting. Old battery on the accubattery app was showing 1200 capacity. This, after 2 weeks is showing 2100 of 3000 capacity. So....yuck. Was worth trying though. Still going to look at V30+/Pixel 3 or something else.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the battery replaced 2 weeks ago. It's better, but not what I was expecting. I still need to keep it on a charge, and with even moderate use, I'm charging it twice per day. not what I was expecting. Old battery on the accubattery app was showing 1200 capacity. This, after 2 weeks is showing 2100 of 3000 capacity. So....yuck. Was worth trying though. Still going to look at V30+/Pixel 3 or something else.
This is the problem with "new" batteries for this device, they are unused but have been sitting for four years, they are not new. If you find one that is truly new, it is probably smaller battery put in a shell that fits our device since this battery was pretty unique.

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I ended up ordering the LG V40. It should be here by the middle of next week. I will miss my Pure though. I may try the battery replacement on it and try keeping it for a back up.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm still getting my mxpe out daily to sync my Fitbit to, because fitbit's app doesn't work on Pie on my pixel. Makes me appreciate how well designed and nice fitting in the hand the mxpe is. It's caseless right now, and doesn't feel much bigger than my 5 inch pixel. Pretty good for a 5.8 inch phone ;-)

It was definitely ahead of it's time.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
if you're still looking for a suitable replacement to the Moto XPE, but haven't pulled the trigger yet, let me suggest the OnePlus 6T. It's fantastic! The battery life is amazeballs and, like the Moto XPE, it's got near stock Android, but with minor tweaks that are actually helpfull.

I originally switched to the LG G6, which was fine but lacked that something special the Moto X had, so I traded it in for the OP6T and I'm so impressed!

If you've been holding off, this might be the one!

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It was definitely ahead of it's time.

I 100% agree! The Moto XPE (the og Moto X, too) will always be in my phone Hall of Fame alongside the Palm Pre, BB Curve and BB Bold, the black Moto RAZR V3 and the Lumia 920.

I still find myself doing the chop chop to get the flashlight two phones later.

goodenough

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I ended up getting the LG G7. Got one lightly used mint for under $400.

OnePlus6 was a VERY strong contender, but priced a bit higher than G7
The 128GB version is closer to $450

Dual Camera
6.3" screen
6GB RAM
64GB/128GB
Android 8
3300 battery
2018 release
Headphone jack

Only downside to OnePlus 6
No SD card

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I almost got the LG G7 from T-Mobile in October when they were doing the BOGO sale. We needed to upgrade my wife's G5 before a big business trip she had but we were one day late and missed it. She went ahead and got the G7 but I decided to wait.

Soon after they announced the on sale date for the OP6T, and I knew it was fate. 😃

I did the TMobile trade in for my G6 and got $300 credit making my price $280.

I ended up getting the LG G7. Got one lightly used mint for under $400.

OnePlus6 was a VERY strong contender, but priced a bit higher than G7
The 128GB version is closer to $450

Dual Camera
6.3" screen
6GB RAM
64GB/128GB
Android 8
3300 battery
2018 release
Headphone jack

Only downside to OnePlus 6
No SD card

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
$300 for the G7 is a fantastic deal. what really got me excited about the OP6T was the battery. The only thing my wife doesn't like about her G7 is the battery and I had the same compliant about the G6 (and the Moto XPE, actually).

The OP6T has a 3700 battery and it last all day for me.

What did you pay for the 6T ? $550 new.
I'd rather buy a new 6T than a used 6 for $450
I'm glad I went with G7 in the high $300s

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yep, when they announced the list of available trade-in phones I was shocked so I jumped on it. Glad I did because they stopped the offer the next week. I'd have been pissed if I went in the next weekend and I had to pay full price.

Wow, the G6 is a $175 used value. Killer trade in price.
Your cost would have been about $400 if you sold it on your own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22