Calendar Notifications and Contact Syncing on Moto X Pure

rcpwisc

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I switched to a Moto X Pure from a Galaxy S6. I was having issues with my cellular service ... kept dropping on the Samsung. The reception is much better on the Moto, but I'm struggling to get the Moto to act like the Samsung was. I know they're different beasts, but there's two issues that if I solved, I could live with. I've gotten the phone pretty much to act like my Samsung did. Here are the two issues I have:

1. I don't like the cloud and I don't like syncing information with Google. I simply want to sync my phone with MS Outlook on my computer, which is where my contacts and primary calendar are located. I figured out how to turn off syncing on all of the Google services. I've used MyPhoneExplorer for years to sync the Samsung, and all has worked well. Not so much with the Moto. Whenever I try to sync contacs with the software, the software tells me there aren't any contacts on the phone (when there are). If I sync, it then uploads all my contacts, and I have duplicates of everything. I think this has something to do with the fact that there is no "local" contact list on the phone - Google is the only option. Is there any recommendation to get the contacts syncing correctly? I downloaded a "local" calendar app, and the calendar seems to have synced OK.

2. I'm not getting any audible reminders on the phone when I have appointments flagged for a reminder in Outlook. If you look at an appointment on the phone, there's a button toward the button that 's turned off for the notification. I simply want to have a reminder pop up like it does on my computer when an appointment is set for a reminder. How can I do that?

If I can get these two things working, I'll be a happy camper. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide. Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20