Moto X Pure Edition Sudden Media Volume decreased

Romell Sanchez

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
I bought my XPure about 7 months ago the reason why I bought the phone was the speakers on the phone were AMAZING really great stereo sound. Well about a month ago I happened to go grab my phone to go to YouTube to play a video as regular, I hit play as normal and the vol started out normal How I like it when I first got it then it's like something literally turn the vol down by 50% so I now have to turn it literally almost all the way up to get any good sound, before I could have the vol on low as the 3rd-4 click of the vol dial from zero and could hear it across the hall it was super nice...

Ive tried restating even whipped the device clean and didn't install any apps just to test the issue same thing! ? Called Motorola they think I'm crazy lol this has happened once before but all I did was restart the phone and it went back to normal... So is this a software issue that finally just went on me I keep hearing its something w/ Google something that is causing the audio glitch in devices HELP... Signed I want me old phone back :/

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen this on the phone - but I don't play videos on the phone. My ringtones and music haven't been cut, but mine are all either MID or ripped and edited.

What I have seen is a caveat on an Acer android tablet that the volume has been cut if you are using earphones. You have to allow the volume. (I'm using an AUX speaker via earphone jack.)

I think this might now be a common protection for USB/earphone jack users. Maybe it came in during the last updates? Or it could be wherever you are getting the video from. They are doing a CYA to cover any lawsuits about hearing.

Tony lohmann

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
Go to Google play and download sound about app open it and give it permission to control sound and leave on and try YouTube it sliced problem for my x it was from a update that caused the issue.look for media and Bluetooth settings and put on let app decide. You can change anytime sometimes I put media on speaker option .

Last edited: