Moto X Pure Nougat Arrived?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
User Moto Guy @ XDA swears that I am part of a Nougat soak test I never join or have any knowledge even existed.
If you did not fill out the survey, get a confirmation email, and agree to the NDA, you are not part of the soak test.

Motorola could have incorrectly added your IMEI/SN to the soak test, or if some other weird situation like you bought the phone used recently and the previous owner had signed up for MFN soak test it would explain it... Most likely, this is a limited roll out. Google and Moto use(d) a similar scheme of 1%, 5%, 10%, etc in a phased roll-out plan to try to catch possible issues, it is possible we are in the early stages of that type of release and you were just lucky.

People on XDA get real excited and b*tchy about releases when others get them and they don't. I wouldn't let it bother you.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
You can try pulling the SIM card and then manually check for the update. Also when you do check it might help to be on a good wifi signal as well. @ least thats been my experience..YMMV

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The firestorm on that xda thread got so fierce, a mod had to clean it out.
Boy drama....ugh...

Tell me about it.
I left and will never,ever, post anything @ XDA forums about a release before those nuts post something first.
It must be that there is lot of caca posted there and they no longer believe anything unless they also have it.

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
You can try pulling the SIM card and then manually check for the update. Also when you do check it might help to be on a good wifi signal as well. @ least thats been my experience..YMMV
I've tried it twice already, yesterday and today, but nothing.
But you're right, it did help me getting Marshmallow faster at that time.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've tried it twice already, yesterday and today, but nothing.
But you're right, it did help me getting Marshmallow faster at that time.
It only makes a difference if your carrier has restrictions on OTAs... which apparently some do.

I had a clean device sitting yesterday, no SIM... only WiFi, Google Account, and registered with Moto... tried everything including a factory reset, still nothing on that one or my daily device.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just tested by pulling my SIM and got excited when I saw the Updates Available screen... Think it's just a security update tho... My phone was still on the September 1, 2016 patch. I'll share the screenshot when it's finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol