05-10-2017 09:56 PM
115 123 ...
tools
    I got a system update on my Moto X Pure that appears to be Nougat update.
    Has anyone other Moto X user seen it?
    Moto X Pure Nougat Arrived?-nougat.jpg
    04-25-2017 06:10 PM
    Yep this is about the time frame for it to show up.....A co-worker was part of the soak test, and it seemed to be running fine on his MXPE.
    Come on, try it out, someone's got to be the guinea pig lol.
    04-26-2017 01:07 AM
    Nothing available here yet.
    I thought the mxpe was slated for a June rollout on nougat?
    04-26-2017 07:17 AM
    Shouldn't it be notified as "Android 7.0" in the upgrade notification massage? I don't see it in the screenshot.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    04-26-2017 08:32 AM
    Nothing on mine yet either. I'm on Verizon, even though that shouldn't matter.

How did the install go? First impressions?
    04-26-2017 09:55 AM
    Yep this is about the time frame for it to show up.....A co-worker was part of the soak test, and it seemed to be running fine on his MXPE.
    Come on, try it out, someone's got to be the guinea pig lol.
    I was backing up everything, just in case....
    I will install it and let you know how it goes...
    04-26-2017 10:26 AM
    Shouldn't it be notified as "Android 7.0" in the upgrade notification massage? I don't see it in the screenshot.
    When you click on the 'View release notes' then you see
    Moto X Pure Nougat Arrived?-nougat2.jpg
    Coresh likes this.
    04-26-2017 10:30 AM
    When you click on the 'View release notes' then you see
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nougat2.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	240.4 KB 
ID:	258260
    How's it going? You're not responding because you got bricked, are you?
    04-26-2017 02:29 PM
    Sorry was busy and the Wi-Fi sucks at work...slower than snails. As you know this updates need Wi-Fi even though my LTE is super fast.

The installation took 18 minutes including ‘optimizing app’ (177 apps) section that took only 7 minutes. I remember that Android 6.0 took more than twice that amount.
    You will see a Lenovo and MOTO red logos at boot-up with ‘Motorola: a Lenovo company’ at the bottom of the screen while booting.
    Finally, I can open two apps at once, play a Youtube video while texting.
    Also unlocking with face recognition is available and does work.
    Everything works just fine.
    Ask away...
    Jaysus likes this.
    04-26-2017 05:20 PM
    Sorry was busy and the Wi-Fi sucks at work...slower than snails. As you know this updates need Wi-Fi even though my LTE is super fast.

The installation took 18 minutes including ‘optimizing app’ (177 apps) section that took only 7 minutes. I remember that Android 6.0 took more than twice that amount.
    You will see a Lenovo and MOTO red logos at boot-up with ‘Motorola: a Lenovo company’ at the bottom of the screen while booting.
    Finally, I can open two apps at once, play a Youtube video while texting.
    Also unlocking with face recognition is available and does work.
    Everything works just fine.
    Ask away...
    Check color mode, under settings, display... Changing from vibrant to standard does nothing anymore and when you reboot, defaults back to vibrant...bug?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-26-2017 05:52 PM
    Changing from 'Vibrant' to 'Standard' does nothing and it does default back to 'Vibrant' after a reboot.
    04-26-2017 06:34 PM
    OP, folks over at xda, say that your screenshots are bogus.
    Just sayin'....
    04-27-2017 07:50 AM
    Just sayin'....
    https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/...ution/MS118009

Looks like it is legit....
    04-27-2017 07:57 AM
    Just sayin'....
    Although it is possibly a fake, why? I doubt it is anything but legit? You can't change the kernel version even with build.prop changes and the Android version is clearly 7.0, there are no custom ROMs out there that are 7.0 with an April 1 security update (unless the OP compiled there own). There is a hamburger menu is on the left, not the arrow, of the Phone Status screen shot, indicating Android 7, not 6.

Moto X Pure Nougat Arrived?-nougatscreenshot.png
    04-27-2017 09:38 AM
    I don't know.
    I got excited and posted a link to this thread, on xda, and got ponced.
    I was just passing info back here.
    I obviously don't know what's real or knot.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    04-27-2017 10:44 AM
    Hey telrod11
    I saw those post at XDA. Those morons are calling the posts fake because they did not get the update on their Moto X yet.
    04-27-2017 11:32 AM
    Oh, if you use any fake (mock) location app, it will not longer work.
    Split screen
    Moto X Pure Nougat Arrived?-split-5.jpg

Moto X Pure Nougat Arrived?-split4.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Moto X Pure Nougat Arrived?-split2.jpg  
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    04-27-2017 11:33 AM
    Well, looks like it's legit... The threads about Nougat update on the official Moto/Lenovo support site are not being deleted or edited, and the screenshots are not being pulled either. They are not "officially" confirming or denying it's being rolled out, but they are answering questions about how/why removing your SIM can get you the update quicker.

Normally they pull any fake or soak related information very quickly, and Moto representatives have responded in several threads without deleting/editing anything posted. That is a telltale sign it's for real.
    04-27-2017 11:46 AM
    Well, looks like it's legit... The threads about Nougat update on the official Moto/Lenovo support site are not being deleted or edited, and the screenshots are not being pulled either. They are not "officially" confirming or denying it's being rolled out, but they are answering questions about how/why removing your SIM can get you the update quicker.

Normally they pull any fake or soak related information very quickly, and Moto representatives have responded in several threads without deleting/editing anything posted. That is a telltale sign it's for real.
    Linky please so I can get this update moving
    04-27-2017 12:52 PM

User Moto Guy @ XDA swears that I am part of a Nougat soak test I never join or have any knowledge even existed.
    04-27-2017 12:58 PM
    Linky please so I can get this update moving
    Take your pick... https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X-...Style/bd-p/449

I am in a different soak/beta test (not related to MXPE Nougat), so I cannot post in the forums there.
    meathead88 likes this.
    04-27-2017 01:00 PM
    User Moto Guy @ XDA swears that I am part of a Nougat soak test I never join or have any knowledge even existed.
    If you did not fill out the survey, get a confirmation email, and agree to the NDA, you are not part of the soak test.

Motorola could have incorrectly added your IMEI/SN to the soak test, or if some other weird situation like you bought the phone used recently and the previous owner had signed up for MFN soak test it would explain it... Most likely, this is a limited roll out. Google and Moto use(d) a similar scheme of 1%, 5%, 10%, etc in a phased roll-out plan to try to catch possible issues, it is possible we are in the early stages of that type of release and you were just lucky.

People on XDA get real excited and b*tchy about releases when others get them and they don't. I wouldn't let it bother you.
    meathead88 and pizza_pablo like this.
    04-27-2017 01:04 PM
    Official link.

https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/...ution/MS118009
    Ry likes this.
    04-27-2017 04:51 PM
    The firestorm on that xda thread got so fierce, a mod had to clean it out.
    Boy drama....ugh...
    acejavelin likes this.
    04-27-2017 04:54 PM
    04-27-2017 05:15 PM
115 123 ...