I still have transparent grey rectangles that appear over nav symbols at bottom of screen, very intermittently, and usually toward end of day, maybe when battery is lower. Have heard it's a display driver issue, known but no fix. Will Nouget fix this? Anybody heard of other solutions? I've rebooted, soft reset. Not worth doing a full factory reset - it doesn't affect functionality, unless the rectangles expand upward with time.
    04-27-2017 09:50 PM
    I still have transparent grey rectangles that appear over nav symbols at bottom of screen, very intermittently, and usually toward end of day, maybe when battery is lower. Have heard it's a display driver issue, known but no fix. Will Nouget fix this? Anybody heard of other solutions? I've rebooted, soft reset. Not worth doing a full factory reset - it doesn't affect functionality, unless the rectangles expand upward with time.
    I doubt this is a display driver issue... are you stock? If so, I would do factory reset.

Will Nougat fix this? Maybe, but it sounds like you have some minor corruption already, I would factory default after receiving the update anyway.
    04-27-2017 10:26 PM
    Yes, stock. When I get Nougat, I will try factory reset, I guess. Thanks.
    04-27-2017 11:43 PM
    I have been having a similar problem but it involves the entire display. I'll activate the screen after it's asleep and it will be gray....with little white pinstripes. The pattern and definition of the pinstripes changes. It sure seems like a display driver issue to me. If I can power off and reboot, it reboots normally. Happens about once a month without any warning.
    05-30-2017 02:44 PM
    Mine continues, not enough to warrant a factory reboot, which I've been told sometimes fixes the issue, but it does seem to happen more when battery is lower, say below 25% or so. usually limited to two rectangular areas covering nav symbols at bottom, and then an equal area just above that. Once last week, entire screen was covered in transparent grey, with vertical clear lines up and down entire screen. Soft reboot fixed. Doesn't show up in screen shots.
    05-30-2017 10:29 PM
    ------ Once last week, entire screen was covered in transparent grey, with vertical clear lines up and down entire screen. Soft reboot fixed. Doesn't show up in screen shots.
    Exactly! Makes me think it's time to get rid of this. Overall, I have not been thrilled with the MXP.
    05-31-2017 05:23 PM