Lost the list for alert sounds in Facebook app

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I seem to have lost the ability to choose a particular sound for FB alerts. When I go into the FB menu > App Settings, the only item connected to sounds is an on-off toggle labeled "Sounds in the App" but there is no way that I can see to set the sound alert to a particular tone as there used to be.

I used to be able to choose from a list of various sounds in this section. Did FB move it to another area and I'm just not finding it?

App has been uninstalled and re-installed. No luck in googling or asking in another board, so any suggestions or help appreciated.

Screenshot_20170513-150443.png

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'd do the basics:
Shutdown / Cache clear
test
then
Uninstall FB, and reinstall

On the same version, it could just be a glitch of some kind...

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
telrod, those were the first thing I tried (cleared the cache, uninstalled/reinstalled the app) and no change.

I found the Facebook help section, where you can report a problem, and sent in a description of the issue, but, of course, they never respond. It's very frustrating that notifications, a fairly major part of the app, can just disappear with no explanation or remedy to get them back.

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
telrod, those were the first thing I tried (cleared the cache, uninstalled/reinstalled the app) and no change.

I found the Facebook help section, where you can report a problem, and sent in a description of the issue, but, of course, they never respond. It's very frustrating that notifications, a fairly major part of the app, can just disappear with no explanation or remedy to get them back.

And 8 assume you've deleted the app and reinstalled?

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Er, yes. As mentioned, "those were the first thing I tried (cleared the cache, uninstalled/reinstalled the app) and no change."

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
A quick update on this in case anyone else runs into the same issue. I finally found my sound notifications list. It has migrated to Account Settings. (It's still not in App Settings). I go to Account Settings>Notifications>Push>Tone.

It seems to be one more step, and also doesn't really make sense. I thought Account Settings was for things that would carry across your Facebook no matter what platform you are looking at it on (settings like Security, Privacy, Timeline, etc.) and App Settings were specific for the Android app on my phone. And, in fact, setting it to the tone I like on the phone didn't change the tone on my desktop version of FB, so it is still acting as an App Setting even in this new location.

But at least I got it back. Thanks for any suggestions along the way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03