Trying to decide if i should install lineage os or wait for the official update.
    05-24-2017 12:59 PM
    Trying to decide if i should install lineage os or wait for the official update.
    Nougat has not been officially released for the Moto X Pure Edition.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-24-2017 09:03 PM
    I've been running Lineage 14.1 on my Moto X Pure for the past few weeks and have really been enjoying it...go for it
    05-25-2017 06:04 AM
    As Ry stated, the official Nougat update is not available to the general public yet.

Unofficially, it is still in the testing stages for MFN users (I am not in this test, so I am not bound by NDA)... It is has been a rough month or so with 3 updates to testers and the ROM is still buggy, or so I heard. The official "soak test" (a larger release to a test audience of the anticipated official build) is anticipated to begin in mid-June.

Just so you know, this device is unlocked and all updates come directly from Motorola... Although carriers have to approve it for use on their network, they do not regulate who gets the update on these types of devices (like Nexus/Pixel or Apple devices), so your carrier does not matter although they can purposely block an update. To my knowledge AT&T does not do this though, but T-Mobile and Sprint users report it quite a bit that they need to remove their SIM card and reboot in order to get notified of the update.

Motorola OTA updates are not handed out by region (within an identical product variant), carrier, or anything else... it is a random allotment of IMEI or Serial numbers usually spread out over a few weeks. For example, if you have a Retail_Clark device (Moto X Pure Edition for North America) and the update is available to your IMEI/SN, it won't matter if you are in New York, Florida, Texas, California, or even England or India, or who your carrier is.
    matthewkuhl likes this.
    05-25-2017 08:19 PM
    As Ry stated, the official Nougat update is not available to the general public yet.

Unofficially, it is still in the testing stages for MFN users (I am not in this test, so I am not bound by NDA)... It is has been a rough month or so with 3 updates to testers and the ROM is still buggy, or so I heard. The official "soak test" (a larger release to a test audience of the anticipated official build) is anticipated to begin in mid-June.

Just so you know, this device is unlocked and all updates come directly from Motorola... Although carriers have to approve it for use on their network, they do not regulate who gets the update on these types of devices (like Nexus/Pixel or Apple devices), so your carrier does not matter although they can purposely block an update. To my knowledge AT&T does not do this though, but T-Mobile and Sprint users report it quite a bit that they need to remove their SIM card and reboot in order to get notified of the update.

Motorola OTA updates are not handed out by region (within an identical product variant), carrier, or anything else... it is a random allotment of IMEI or Serial numbers usually spread out over a few weeks. For example, if you have a Retail_Clark device (Moto X Pure Edition for North America) and the update is available to your IMEI/SN, it won't matter if you are in New York, Florida, Texas, California, or even England or India, or who your carrier is.
    Bravo!

Though soak test tests the deployment of the actual final build, not the anticipated final build.
    acejavelin likes this.
    05-25-2017 09:02 PM
    I honestly would give Lineage a shot. One pro would be more frequent updates.
    05-26-2017 10:52 AM
    haven't heard of Lineage before... what is it?
    roadmaster5959 likes this.
    05-27-2017 09:49 PM
    haven't heard of Lineage before... what is it?
    Lineage is the new CyanogenMod ROM... after Cyanogen folded the remnants of it became LineageOS and the project continued.

Not to turn this into a ROM A is better than ROM B thread, but honestly, if I was going to go 3rd party ROM I would look on XDA's developer's section for clark (the Moto X Pure/Style), or other independent ROM's not allowed on XDA like BrokenOS or Dirty Unicorns. Lineage/CM is not the only game in town and definitely not the "best" for most people.
    05-28-2017 10:05 AM
    Lineage is the new CyanogenMod ROM... after Cyanogen folded the remnants of it became LineageOS and the project continued.

Not to turn this into a ROM A is better than ROM B thread, but honestly, if I was going to go 3rd party ROM I would look on XDA's developer's section for clark (the Moto X Pure/Style), or othera independent ROM's not allowed on XDA like BrokenOS or Dirty Unicorns. Lineage/CM is not the only game in town and definitely not the "best" for most people.
    This is great, thanks! I knew of CyanogenMod, but haven't ever installed it. If N isn't released soon I might try this.
    05-28-2017 07:06 PM
    So I've really enjoyed this phone but I'm still waiting on 7.0 WTH
    Yesterday 08:51 PM
    YOU and everyone else....
    ffejjj likes this.
    Today 07:04 AM