For about a week now, my Moto X Pure Edition is charging much more slowly than it has in the past. It also seems to have lost the ability to TurboCharge. I've had this device for about 13 or 14 months.

Usage-wise, the battery life seems fine, but it seems to require 5-6 hours of charging to reach 100%. I've tried different chargers and different cords, but they all seem to charge at the same, slow speed.

Any advice for me? Thanks.
    08-27-2017 02:06 PM
    For about a week now, my Moto X Pure Edition is charging much more slowly than it has in the past. It also seems to have lost the ability to TurboCharge. I've had this device for about 13 or 14 months.

Usage-wise, the battery life seems fine, but it seems to require 5-6 hours of charging to reach 100%. I've tried different chargers and different cords, but they all seem to charge at the same, slow speed.

Any advice for me? Thanks.
    About 70% of the time it is the charger, 25% the cable, and the rest of the time it is bad hardware.

Make sure if you are going to try another charger that specifically supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 or 3.0 and use a quality cable, regular "turbo" or "quick chargers" don't actually do Qualcomm's QC and will NOT show Turbo Charger connected.

Also remember that consistent use of the Turbo Charger (ie. Qualcom Quick Charge 2.0) is a good way to reduce the lifespan of your battery due to heat buildup.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-27-2017 04:06 PM
    Has anyone come up with a solution for this problem? I'm having the same issues. My wife's Moto G4 will turbo charge on chargers my MXPE will now only slow charge. This just started a few days after it got the nougat update.
    11-26-2017 09:48 PM