UK Nougat update just arrived

MarkSBaines

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Just got notified that my Style is offering me Nougat update with May Security update.

I was convinced we weren't going to get it after all this time.

Will download tomorrow after a backup.

Last edited:

layer2

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Well that's interesting. Brent are you in the UK, or the US? that link appears to reference Moto X Pure Edition, not Style. Who knows if they have different info though. And as I recall didn't Lenovo post some kind of release notes during the false alarm in like April?

Would figure...just as I'm counting down days till I can order my Pixel 2 XL and jump two full versions that we'd start to see Nougat...

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the U.S. It was a big download, >900MB. It all went smoothly. During the update process, at one point, ugly red blocks with "Lenovo" were flashing, but in the end it all seems OK. :) I haven't had time to check it all out yet, but so far I like what I see. Screenshot_20170927-194539.jpg

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just one thing I noticed, the extra info provided in Settings. In this day of Microsoft and Apple dumbing down (my impression), I think it's cool that Android is giving more information: Screenshot_20170927-202400.jpg