12-14-2017 11:26 AM
151 12345 ...
tools
    Ok, I copied the downloaded file to the SD card. I went to recovery mode again, tried "install from SD card" and got a message "external and internal memory cannot be mounted. Installation failed."
    I have the same issue. any ideas?
    10-06-2017 01:41 PM
    I have the same issue. any ideas?
    No. Downloaded win zip app. Could not get it open from that app either
    10-06-2017 01:42 PM
    is there any way to force the update?
    10-06-2017 05:54 PM
    is there any way to force the update?
    NO...
    10-06-2017 06:06 PM
    What irritates me is when I tap System Updates and it tells me that my software is up to date. What a lie! I would prefer it to just say that there are no updates available.
    Coresh likes this.
    10-06-2017 07:29 PM
    I really don't think there's a major rollout. Seems like a sporadic, very minor and insegnificant number of devices got the update.
    My device is about to find it's way to the garbage anyway. Battery is beraly holding charge now, and the charging port is flimsy again, after I already fixed it.
    We have 5 Motorola devices in the family : 3 MXPE 2015, and 2 Moto G4 plus. All five with charging issues. Non of the MXPEs got Noagat yet.
    Needless to say non of us are even thinking of getting a Motorola again. This is piece of crap.
    10-07-2017 01:52 AM
    What irritates me is when I tap System Updates and it tells me that my software is up to date. What a lie! I would prefer it to just say that there are no updates available.
    For your IMEI, it is up to date.
    benjamminh likes this.
    10-07-2017 03:38 PM
    Tried running the battery down to shutoff, then recharging, but that didn't bring the update back either.
    10-09-2017 09:04 AM
    Tried running the battery down to shutoff, then recharging, but that didn't bring the update back either.
    SUCCESS. I did get the update pushed out to me again (nothing I requested or asked for). I deleted the previous download from the SD card and also on the phone where I had copied it to. I then cleared the cache on both the SD card and the phone. Then downloaded it, let it sit for 20min after clicking on "install". Signed back in, let it restart the apps and I've now got it.
    10-09-2017 08:37 PM
    SUCCESS. I did get the update pushed out to me again (nothing I requested or asked for). I deleted the previous download from the SD card and also on the phone where I had copied it to. I then cleared the cache on both the SD card and the phone. Then downloaded it, let it sit for 20min after clicking on "install". Signed back in, let it restart the apps and I've now got it.
    I cleared the cache on the phone and SD card, checked for update and BINGO! First time I tried that trick and now I'm downloading it. Thanks. Crossing my fingers it works. Did not download the update from elsewhere and put it on the SD card. Just normal checking.
    10-10-2017 12:55 AM
    is this where i come to beat a dead horse?
    10-10-2017 08:37 AM
    is this where i come to beat a dead horse?
    The horse is quite alive, finally have 7.0 on my Moto XPE.
    10-10-2017 10:07 AM
    The horse is quite alive, finally have 7.0 on my Moto XPE.
    not me!! yet....
    snappedandgotapre likes this.
    10-10-2017 11:27 AM
    I find where I can clear the cache for phone memory, but how do you clear SD card cache?
    snappedandgotapre likes this.
    10-10-2017 11:45 AM
    Nothing for mine yet.... patiently awaiting.
    10-10-2017 11:52 AM
    And you'll keep on waiting for a long time, guys.
    Motorola should compensate MXPE customers for taking their money but not keeping their promises of timely updates. They owe us at least that.
    10-10-2017 12:58 PM
    And you'll keep on waiting for a long time, guys.
    Motorola should compensate MXPE customers for taking their money but not keeping their promises of timely updates. They owe us at least that.
    They promised timely updates?
    PapaGary and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-10-2017 03:38 PM
    They promised timely updates?
    I think they probably at least intimated that with emphasizing it being "Pure" and not being tied to carrier issues but that was two years ago when it came out so I can't be sure.
    10-10-2017 05:09 PM
    I find where I can clear the cache for phone memory, but how do you clear SD card cache?
    Under the settings - storage, I get options of Android OS, internal storage and external SD card storage. You get the same option to clear the cache once you click on external SD card
    10-10-2017 08:34 PM
    Under the settings - storage, I get options of Android OS, internal storage and external SD card storage. You get the same option to clear the cache once you click on external SD card
    When I click on so card storage, I get a explore like list of everything on my SD card! Clear cache isn't an option.
    10-10-2017 10:19 PM
    Still waiting on mine too.
    10-11-2017 12:13 AM
    This update seems to be specific to Sprint. Verizon are currently being delayed, as far as I know.
    So as I thought, this is very limited small scaled rollout.
    The rest of us will probably wait for months till we get it.
    10-11-2017 06:17 AM
    This update seems to be specific to Sprint. Verizon are currently being delayed, as far as I know.
    So as I thought, this is very limited small scaled rollout.
    The rest of us will probably wait for months till we get it.
    Why do people keep saying "only Sprint users are getting this"? We have seen verifiable upgrades offered and applied via OTA to Sprint, US Cellular, Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile users in the US. I will acknowledge that the numbers outside of Sprint are extremely low, but is this planned or coincidence? Moto will never tell.

What we do know is on the official forums Moto reps have confirmed the roll-out has begun and that is slower than normal, but they are not elaborating as to why... We can guess though in looking through various forums and users with problems after the update, the biggest one is that several users have reported hard-bricking if the device drains it's battery until it shuts off. It is unclear if it is doing the normal Android safe shutdown, or the device is just popping off because the battery has deteriorated significantly enough that once it gets to the shutdown threshold it doesn't have enough power to safely shutdown before popping off.

Will we wait months to get it? Probably... this upgrade has been plagued with problems from the very beginning and if you read some of the posts from people who where on the beta and soak tests, it was very bad and had lots of bricking (soft and hard) of devices for test users, and what normally lasts 30-45 days lasted almost 6 months.

Am I justifying it? Nope... but it is what it is.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-11-2017 07:46 AM
    Why do people keep saying "only Sprint users are getting this"? We have seen verifiable upgrades offered and applied via OTA to Sprint, US Cellular, Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile users in the US. I will acknowledge that the numbers outside of Sprint are extremely low, but is this planned or coincidence? Moto will never tell. We do know that if you take a Sprint SIM and place it in the device for a couple days you still won't get offered the upgrade either. EDIT: Well, according to users this morning on the official Lenovo forums, placing a Sprint SIM (active or not) in MXPE will get you the update according to several users (it wasn't getting it previously), so either another batch of updates has begun or the Sprint users theory gets more validity. (This thread, around mid-page 143)

Basically, if your IMEI is up you get it, if it isn't you don't. (And that doesn't get into the whole issue that came to light recently of Moto's upgrade servers keeping track of upgrades via IMEI and not offering previous updates again or updates where it doesn't have a record of you getting a previous update that is required)

What we do know is on the official forums Moto reps have confirmed the roll-out has begun and that is slower than normal, but they are not elaborating as to why... We can guess though in looking through various forums and users with problems after the update, the biggest one is that several users have reported hard-bricking if the device drains it's battery until it shuts off. It is unclear if it is doing the normal Android safe shutdown, or the device is just popping off because the battery has deteriorated significantly enough that once it gets to the shutdown threshold it doesn't have enough power to safely shutdown before popping off.

Will we wait months to get it? Probably... this upgrade has been plagued with problems from the very beginning and if you read some of the posts from people who where on the beta and soak tests, it was very bad and had lots of bricking (soft and hard) of devices for test users, and what normally lasts 30-45 days lasted almost 6 months, although for most people it seems to have stabilized and the update is actually quite good if it works for you.

Am I justifying it? Nope... but it is what it is.
    10-11-2017 07:50 AM
    figured it out
    10-11-2017 10:05 AM
151 12345 ...