US Pure Nougat Is Finally Rolling Out!

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
use the link i provided to download N to your phone. Then use "update from SD card" in recovery mode and reinstall it. It helps to be on a fast wifi or network connection to speed up the download.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
just popped my sim back in my XPE... Still no update. I'll try the download link posted and see if that works. Thanks for posting!

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
This isn't Apple people, not everyone gets it all at once. It is a very slow rollout for the first 2 weeks or so. If no major issues are reported, then, and only then, more and more people will get it. It DOES NOT matter what carrier your on or where your located AT ALL. You'll get it when your numbers up... that's just how it is.

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Let's just say many years of doing this with many different carriers AND manufacturers.
Apple makes iOS, for phones all made by Apple, that are all exactly the same, everything either works or it doesn't.
Google makes Android, for phones made by many different manufacturers, with hundreds of different models and hardware configurations, for many different carriers all over the world, that all want to add there software tweeks on top of what Google puts out, this includes carrier software AND manufacturer software. this takes much more time and work to make sure everything works before releasing to the masses, that's why software updates are far and few between for Android phones, and are pushed out in a "staged rollout" manor...
That's the short explanation

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
i still got nothing
:(
Nothing here either.

As always, these roll-outs are staged... It will typically take up to 2 weeks for all devices to get it.

As has been stated... this process takes about 2 weeks to complete. Typically less the initial release is about 10% of handsets, then a few days pass and another 20% assuming no issues arise. If there are still no problems after a few more days, it is pushed to more handsets then finally available to all.

Be patient... we are finally getting it, a few more days or a week or two won't make any real difference.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
side loading it using recovery mode is how i got it before it came to me as a OTA. N seems to inject some new life into this ol' phone.

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I'm sort of a novice at these things. When I try to open the downloaded file, it is trying to open it with my messaging app and I get an error message saying it's not a valid messaging "theme". How do I open it with another app and which app do I use to open the file.

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I'm sort of a novice at these things. When I try to open the downloaded file, it is trying to open it with my messaging app and I get an error message saying it's not a valid messaging "theme". How do I open it with another app and which app do I use to open the file.
Ok I got to recovery mode. Selected install from SD card and it said can't install... Failed.

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Ok I got to recovery mode. Selected install from SD card and it said can't install... Failed.
Ok, I copied the downloaded file to the SD card. I went to recovery mode again, tried "install from SD card" and got a message "external and internal memory cannot be mounted. Installation failed."

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I copied the downloaded file to the SD card. I went to recovery mode again, tried "install from SD card" and got a message "external and internal memory cannot be mounted. Installation failed."

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Finally, right?

Motorola kept their word in releasing this. It's a solid update, even though it's relatively late.

If you want more regular updates, it sounds like you need to switch back to a carrier phone.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it is a solid update. Samsung and T mobile together convinced me that ill never go back to an carrier branded phone....never.