US Pure Nougat Is Finally Rolling Out!

aowald

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I eventually took the plunge. I have to say that I'm enjoying this update. It didn't blow my mind, but it also didn't cripple my phone either. Bluetooth does seem to be a bit better this time around as I was having issues with pairing to some devices that I'm now able to with the update.

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Nothing here yet.
I think this is another small scale test rollout, and most of us will get it months from now. Again.

sybilwayne30

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
What irritates me is when I tap System Updates and it tells me that my software is up to date. What a lie! I would prefer it to just say that there are no updates available.

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I really don't think there's a major rollout. Seems like a sporadic, very minor and insegnificant number of devices got the update.
My device is about to find it's way to the garbage anyway. Battery is beraly holding charge now, and the charging port is flimsy again, after I already fixed it.
We have 5 Motorola devices in the family : 3 MXPE 2015, and 2 Moto G4 plus. All five with charging issues. Non of the MXPEs got Noagat yet.
Needless to say non of us are even thinking of getting a Motorola again. This is piece of crap.

Last edited:

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Tried running the battery down to shutoff, then recharging, but that didn't bring the update back either.
SUCCESS. I did get the update pushed out to me again (nothing I requested or asked for). I deleted the previous download from the SD card and also on the phone where I had copied it to. I then cleared the cache on both the SD card and the phone. Then downloaded it, let it sit for 20min after clicking on "install". Signed back in, let it restart the apps and I've now got it.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
SUCCESS. I did get the update pushed out to me again (nothing I requested or asked for). I deleted the previous download from the SD card and also on the phone where I had copied it to. I then cleared the cache on both the SD card and the phone. Then downloaded it, let it sit for 20min after clicking on "install". Signed back in, let it restart the apps and I've now got it.

I cleared the cache on the phone and SD card, checked for update and BINGO! First time I tried that trick and now I'm downloading it. Thanks. Crossing my fingers it works. Did not download the update from elsewhere and put it on the SD card. Just normal checking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674