US Pure Nougat Is Finally Rolling Out!

beandaddy

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
so does this xpe require a SIM card to be installed to get the update? I'm using them for silly this as we have been forced to switch Lenovo/moto forever.

matthewkuhl

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
i went the Boost/Sprint route and had the update notice before the carrier settings even finished installation.
Screenshot_20171118-160935.jpg
Now i have 3 SIM cards, if anyone wants one. PM the address and i will send one.

matthewkuhl

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Is that a good thing? What differences have you noticed?

It feels new in the way Nougat felt for the first time, but having had it on the Z for so long now, it just feels like the Z in a more comfortable chassis with a larger LCD screen.
RAM management is better. The first couple boots were a bit buggy, but by the third run it seems to have settled down. i haven't used it enough to analyze battery use.
There are definitely some UI improvements in Nougat i had been eager to get, like display and font sizing - but there are also downsides, like loss of Root read privilege and WiFi file transfer.
Down to two available SIMs.

sybilwayne30

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My biggest issues prior to Nougat we're Bluetooth and GPS. Both issues were solved with the Nougat update. And since I use both of these functions daily, the update has made my old phone seem new again. Bluetooth and GPS work like they are supposed to.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I just received the nougat update notice on my MXPE, I'm not able to install it right now and had to shut my phone back off, but it gave me the new system software notification which I didn't open, so it should show up when I start my phone up again later on.

I've read of folks rejecting the update till later and haven't seen it again, even by checking for updates.... so I left it closed for now.

I'm on AT&T. I'm sure the floodgates will be opening in the next few days for most of us MXPE owners.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Guys,

Do I really have to perform FActory Reset on my MXPE before installing Nougat?

Thanks!
Umm... no... Why would you think that?

If you have issues after taking the upgrade, and a cache wipe doesn't help, it might be necessary to perform a factory reset AFTER the upgrade if nothing else seems to clear up the problems, but it certainly isn't required.

bryantest

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Umm... no... Why would you think that?

If you have issues after taking the upgrade, and a cache wipe doesn't help, it might be necessary to perform a factory reset AFTER the upgrade if nothing else seems to clear up the problems, but it certainly isn't required.

That's because I keep on seeing suggestions that it's recommended to perform a Factory reset on on Android phone before installing a new OS.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
That's because I keep on seeing suggestions that it's recommended to perform a Factory reset on on Android phone before installing a new OS.
I think you are misunderstanding... if you are manually flashing a factory image via fastboot, a factory reset is recommended prior to flashing the firmware image, not if you are upgrading OTA (over-the-air).

A factory reset prior to an upgrade could just get you bumped off the OTA server's push list too, meaning you have to wait until the next upgrade window.

A factory reset is not necessary normally... although if you have issues after an upgrade and normal troubleshooting doesn't fix it, then you might want to perform one later (at least a week later).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar