US Pure Nougat Is Finally Rolling Out!

AKS4

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm on AT&T, and I received the notice this morning, and just got done downloading and installing it on mine. Now to see what newness I got.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Unless they changed the screen or the processor, why would you be surprised?
Most people have had improved battery... in sleep/standby mode that is.

It is true that improvements in battery usage by the screen or processor would be minimal at best.

To be honest, if most people see an improvement it's probably from just a cache wipe and not the software itself.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have no Issues with sleep or standby but it's also been a backup phone for the last year. The 808 processor was a dog and the screen a serious battery hog.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I just got the time to install nougat (I know shame on me lol) I'm on AT&T and got version 23. The install went perfectly, the only hiccup was a screen issue on the last restart....a screen door effect with tons of tiny lines everywhere. My screen has been perfect since day one so I knew it was a display driver issue......a restart fixed it. So far I'm liking it way more than I expected to.... it's a big step up in refinement over mm. The texting app is awesome, makes the stock mm app look pathetic. I haven't got to do much with it yet, no Bluetooth, calls etc but some texting and just checking it has really impressed me so far. Didn't expect that :O :-D ;-)

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Since I've installed nougat whenever I get a notification and I'm using my Bluetooth earpiece, I get a loud notification sound in my ear and it interrupts my call for 5-10 seconds and even ended my call once before I did the cache clear.

As you can tell I already cleared the cache partition, is there some setting I need to change somewhere? It does it with all notifications. Thanks in advance for any help you can give :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674