Contacts disappeared after removing a recently added secondary Google account

douche1337

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Seems like most of my contacts, which were saved only to the phone internally, has disappeared after I removed a secondary Google account (my brother's who borrowed my phone).
Weird thing is, if I search for the contacts, they show up, even ones that are not part of the call history. So, it seems like my original contacts are hidden somewhere. Only using default contacts app.
I also tried searching the directories for the contacts.db file but could not find it via the phone connected with usb to the pc. Phone is not rooted. All stock.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If they disappeared when removing an account then they were not being saved internally but to said account. You can check your contacts app to make sure 'internal contacts' aren't hidden, but if that's the case, then the contacts should still be in your brother's account (he can check in Contacts.google.com).

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe the Moto phones can save accounts to the "phone" while an account exists on the phone... I have no option to save accounts to the phone, only to one of my Google accounts or work account.

The contacts likely were saved to your brother's account.

douche1337

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I checked both our google accounts and the contacts are not saved to either. The contacts are still saved to the phone but are some how "hidden." If I search for the contacts, they appear in the search results. However, they do not show in the overall contact list. In the stock contact app, there does not seem to be any option to "hide/unhide" contacts. So no idea how this glitch happened.

douche1337

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Strange. Looks like the contacts here hidden some how and could not be unhid. I exported all contacts to a vcf and luckily, everyone is there. I've since merged them onto Google Contacts so this does not happen again.
Does any one know how to stop Google Contacts from syncing Contacts that I have hidden on contacts.google.com. I don't want those contacts showing up on my phone or in the overall contacts list. So on contacts.google.com I made a label for all of these contacts and then "Hid" them all. Yet, they are still synced to the phone automatically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance