Micro USB charging port going bad

unsaint32

Oct 15, 2018
Visit site
My Motorola X Pure used to charge with any microUSB cable and any USB wall charger. But one day it stopped charging. The charging port had lots of fuzz inside that I cleaned out. Now it does charge but only with high quality cable and certain kind of wall chargers.

Why does it now only charges with certain kinds of charger and cables but not the ones that I used to use? Also, does this mean my charging port will soon fail even with the higher quality cable/chargers?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't "know"... You're just talking basic electrical properties of connectivity here. The connectors on the port are wearing out, a "high-quality" cable works because it had better connectivity.

Is the port failing? Probably

Will it stop working? Yes, eventually... But no one can really tell you if that means tomorrow or in a year.

dagodpapa

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I've been having the same issue for a couple months now. I bought a good Anker cable that seems to work but the charging in general has just been a little wonky. I figured its a good time to start looking at new phones anyway...