moto x rooted after latest update

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had used this method. It works well. After a while I decided to unlock my bootloader, so for me, this became irrelevant. But don't take this the wrong way. If you want to root without doing all that, this is the way to go.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
if anyone has any ideas of things that can be done after rooting, please share, and go crazy :)

Backing up app data, xposed installer, custom recoveries, although the last two may require an unlocked boot loader.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Its cool to have a method to root so when you want to you can :)
I have rooted this phone back when Moto Root came out just to test but unrooted soon after.(Before Pwnmymoto came out)
Having had always rooted my phones within days of purchasing this is kinds different for me not to have kept it rooted.

sent from Moto X

IndecisiveWhippet

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little confused, I held off on rooting my device because of all the weird shenanigans that were happening with the OTA update. I ended up taking the OTA update and never rooting my device. Will this method work for me since I never rooted in the past, but toko the OTA update? Will I just have to follow the listed instructions and the videos?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma