06-17-2017 08:08 AM
104 12345
tools
    I want it only incase of emergency power outage here in Fl.
    04-03-2014 02:52 PM
    I've reviewed the terms and conditions for T-Mobile and they state that "Your Data Plan is intended for Web browsing, messaging, and similar activities on your Device and not on any other equipment. Except to the extent explicitly permitted by your Data Plan, other uses, including for example, using your Device as a modem or tethering your Device to a personal computer or other hardware, are not permitted." On T-Mobile's site it doesn't say that the $30 plan that I use includes tethering, so I would assume that doing so would be a violation, at least on my plan. However, when I check the T-Mobile app on my phone it says this:
    Unrestricted Tether T-Mobile NO ROOT-screenshot_2014-04-03-20-57-13.png
    So there is a 100mb allotment for tethering on the $30 plan? Then would it not be a violation because this suggests that tethering is a part of my plan? (On a side note, I have no idea where they got that 51.9mb from. According to the data usage in Android's settings, I have used over 100.) Anyone else with the $30 plan have any idea what's going on here? I'd rather not get my service canceled, or worse my phone blacklisted, so I think just to be safe I will refrain from any tethering. And if your plan doesn't include tethering, be aware that using this APN method is at your own risk.
    04-03-2014 10:09 PM
    I don't get why if you have a 5gb data plan you can't choose to use it to tether if you want.

I get why you can't on unlimited.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-04-2014 12:58 AM
    Didn't work with Dun added, if anyone is on AIO and got tether working, please advise.

I can try FoxFi later on today if I get a chance
    FoxFi doesn't work anymore with kitkat .
    04-04-2014 11:06 PM
    I have an unlocked AT&T S5 running on T-Mobile. When I go to edit APN my phone says APN not set.....so where would I add the",dun" to it if there is nothing in that line to add it to.... its empty. I have tethering allowed by TMo but cant get it to work.
    04-13-2014 10:10 PM
    Awesome!! Also works with MetroPCS whose GSM phones run on T-Mobile network. $60 unlimited LTE w/ tax and fees included and now tethering is there a better deal out there.
    How did you accomplish this, I'm on the Samsung Galaxy S4 from metro and I cannot figure it out, I cannot change the settings.
    04-25-2014 07:46 AM
    From xda thread:
    Go to Settings-> "More..." (under Data Usage) -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names
    Click the APN "T-Mobile US LTE", scroll down to "APN Type", click that, and add ",dun" to the end of the list (so the list should say "default,mms,supl,hipri,fota,dun") then hit okay. You should be set now!

Now that being said the info was for t mobile moto x (which is carrier unlocked) with stock 4.4.2...and it worked for me on metro...so not sure how any of these factors either alone or in combination may effect the outcome. Good luck.
    04-25-2014 07:37 PM
    Has anyone tried connecting a Xbox or PS3/4 to a tethered phone? And if so, how much data would be used in say an online game of Madden?

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app
    04-26-2014 01:37 PM
    From what I read people have said 100mb a hour but it varies depending on the game Madden might be less.
    04-27-2014 01:07 PM
    I have a T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 and when it comes to editing the APN it does not give me the option to do so. Can you post a youtube on how to change the APN on my device. Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-29-2014 05:38 PM
    If you can't edit it then their is not much you can do.
    04-30-2014 11:08 AM
    I have a T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 and when it comes to editing the APN it does not give me the option to do so. Can you post a youtube on how to change the APN on my device. Thank you.
    You might have better luck on the Galaxy Note 3 forum.
    05-01-2014 12:12 PM
    When I tap on t-mobile us Lte, everything is not high lighted or lit up, cannot change or add anything my galaxy s5. Please help with tethering
    05-03-2014 08:58 AM
    for the Note 3 I went here https://t-mobile.jive-mobile.com/#ji...cuments%2F8373 and added everything it said then I added the rest from this thread
    05-08-2014 05:48 PM
    for the Note 3 I went here https://t-mobile.jive-mobile.com/#ji...cuments%2F8373 and added everything it said then I added the rest from this thread
    Any body try doing this with the gs5? I've used 40gb of hotspot according to the "data usage" under the "network connections" section on my settings. But when I go into T-Mobile my account and check, it only recently updated to say that I've used my 5gb of hotspot/tethering and that I will be blocked until my billing cycles again. I'm connecting my tv to my phone via the hotspot to use the Netflix app integrated on my tv fyi.
    05-19-2014 09:11 AM
    You've used 40gb? Do you have some type of unlimited data plan? When I tether my iPad to my Moto X it never registers under tethering data. I have no clue as to why it doesn't register.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    05-19-2014 01:25 PM
    Yeah, I have T-Mobile truly unlimited and can't find out ANYWHERE how to get unrestricted / unlimited hotspot so I can use my tv to watch Netflix on..
    05-20-2014 09:06 AM
    Within this thread are revised settings that will enable you to tether with tmobile. I've been using the same method for 5 months and haven't had any issues. BTW what plan are you using with T-Mobile? The only true unlimited plan is at least $80, right?

05-21-2014 04:38 AM
    Within this thread are revised settings that will enable you to tether with tmobile. I've been using the same method for 5 months and haven't had any issues. BTW what plan are you using with T-Mobile? The only true unlimited plan is at least $80, right?

Right, I've read those settings, set up my own apn with the same exact settings (since I cant edit the default apn) and it doesn't work for me.. but possibly that's because I'm already capped for the month?

Not sure the breakdown on my bill, but my total is $88.XX a month for unlimited talk, text, 4g mobile data and 5gb hotspot data..
    05-21-2014 07:13 AM
    Works great on my Xperia Z1S from T-Mobile that I just bought. Since it's bootloader locked and there's no root for it, this just solved all my problems. I reached my 5GB limit and couldn't tether anymore after doing seedind and downloading torrents. But I just did a new apn and added dun and it's working just fine. Thank You once again.
    05-26-2014 03:54 PM
    Works great on my Xperia Z1S from T-Mobile that I just bought. Since it's bootloader locked and there's no root for it, this just solved all my problems. I reached my 5GB limit and couldn't tether anymore after doing seedind and downloading torrents. But I just did a new apn and added dun and it's working just fine. Thank You once again.
    Good idea. Works fine on my Z1S as well after making a new APN (same settings as the original APN but adding ;dun).

Edit: Never mind. It stopped working after a short while. I noticed that the IP address when checking on a device connected to the phone was different than what the phone had when checking it through a site like ip-adress.com. If the APN trick was working, they should both be the same. Not sure if I needed to reboot the device, but once I tapped on the custom APN, it seemed like it started using that one. Also turned airplane mode on then off.
    06-07-2014 07:41 PM
    I'm not getting this at all. Samsung Galaxy S5 on T-Mobile, 4.4.2.

When I try the below, the elements under Access Point Names are grayed out and not editable. Plus, it says ipv6 (not v4) in that existing, unchangeable entry. It seems to let me create a NEW APN entry but not modify any element in the existing fast.t-mobile.com entry.

If you want to edit an existing T-Mobile LTE APN, go to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> More... -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names -> Then just tap on the fast.t-mobile.com one to open it for editing -> then hit APN type (it's closer to the bottom of the list) and add ,dun to the end.
    06-15-2014 02:50 AM
    Will this work with Tmobile galaxy s4, running 4.4.2 kit kat
    08-19-2014 04:02 AM
    Awesome!! Also works with MetroPCS whose GSM phones run on T-Mobile network. $60 unlimited LTE w/ tax and fees included and now tethering is there a better deal out there.
    I have this plan on my nexus 5 and isn't working, can you help me please?
    08-27-2014 04:17 PM
    09-03-2014 02:10 PM
104 12345