Unrestricted Tether T-Mobile NO ROOT

rodburner1

May 3, 2014
Visit site
When I tap on t-mobile us Lte, everything is not high lighted or lit up, cannot change or add anything my galaxy s5. Please help with tethering

vinnie_einniv

May 19, 2014
Visit site
for the Note 3 I went here https://t-mobile.jive-mobile.com/#jive-document?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdocuments%2F8373 and added everything it said then I added the rest from this thread

Any body try doing this with the gs5? I've used 40gb of hotspot according to the "data usage" under the "network connections" section on my settings. But when I go into T-Mobile my account and check, it only recently updated to say that I've used my 5gb of hotspot/tethering and that I will be blocked until my billing cycles again. I'm connecting my tv to my phone via the hotspot to use the Netflix app integrated on my tv fyi.

David Coconut

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
You've used 40gb? Do you have some type of unlimited data plan? When I tether my iPad to my Moto X it never registers under tethering data. I have no clue as to why it doesn't register.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

David Coconut

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Within this thread are revised settings that will enable you to tether with tmobile. I've been using the same method for 5 months and haven't had any issues. BTW what plan are you using with T-Mobile? The only true unlimited plan is at least $80, right?

vinnie_einniv

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Within this thread are revised settings that will enable you to tether with tmobile. I've been using the same method for 5 months and haven't had any issues. BTW what plan are you using with T-Mobile? The only true unlimited plan is at least $80, right?

Right, I've read those settings, set up my own apn with the same exact settings (since I cant edit the default apn) and it doesn't work for me.. but possibly that's because I'm already capped for the month?

Not sure the breakdown on my bill, but my total is $88.XX a month for unlimited talk, text, 4g mobile data and 5gb hotspot data..

PuNkster HD

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Works great on my Xperia Z1S from T-Mobile that I just bought. Since it's bootloader locked and there's no root for it, this just solved all my problems. I reached my 5GB limit and couldn't tether anymore after doing seedind and downloading torrents. But I just did a new apn and added dun and it's working just fine. Thank You once again.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Works great on my Xperia Z1S from T-Mobile that I just bought. Since it's bootloader locked and there's no root for it, this just solved all my problems. I reached my 5GB limit and couldn't tether anymore after doing seedind and downloading torrents. But I just did a new apn and added dun and it's working just fine. Thank You once again.

Good idea. Works fine on my Z1S as well after making a new APN (same settings as the original APN but adding ;dun).

Edit: Never mind. It stopped working after a short while. I noticed that the IP address when checking on a device connected to the phone was different than what the phone had when checking it through a site like ip-adress.com. If the APN trick was working, they should both be the same. Not sure if I needed to reboot the device, but once I tapped on the custom APN, it seemed like it started using that one. Also turned airplane mode on then off.

Last edited:

sharksnut

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm not getting this at all. Samsung Galaxy S5 on T-Mobile, 4.4.2.

When I try the below, the elements under Access Point Names are grayed out and not editable. Plus, it says ipv6 (not v4) in that existing, unchangeable entry. It seems to let me create a NEW APN entry but not modify any element in the existing fast.t-mobile.com entry.

If you want to edit an existing T-Mobile LTE APN, go to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> More... -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names -> Then just tap on the fast.t-mobile.com one to open it for editing -> then hit APN type (it's closer to the bottom of the list) and add ,dun to the end.

mel2000

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Can someone help straighten out the current state of free wireless tethering on T-Mobile?
From this thread there appears to be 3 ways of wirelessly tethering:

1.) Use UA switcher plugin to emulate an Android phone (works for http(s) only)
2.) Set APN options to support DUN
3.) With 3rd party wireless tethering app

Is #3 still a viable option? If so, does it require an unlocked phone? Thanks.

sam brown4

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
how do you know it doesnt work? it just took mine, i couldnt modify anything on the default options so i had to create a new, just copied everything over and added the option,it seems to work, though it still posts to my teathering data

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781