10-08-2015 01:54 PM
87 123 ...
tools
    Just preordered one for me and one for the wife!
    GeordieAffy likes this.
    09-15-2015 09:08 AM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=tdHhmkeY

Also you can use promo code UKWELCOME10 for £10 discount.
    09-15-2015 10:11 AM
    The price seems off though. I thought it was toing to be £360
    09-15-2015 10:11 AM
    Me too. I asked Motorola about it and I am waiting for a reply.
    GeordieAffy likes this.
    09-15-2015 04:48 PM
    Me too. I asked Motorola about it and I am waiting for a reply.
    I dont see how they could just do a direct conversion? Make the 32GB the vase model and think charging 400 is acceptable.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.
    09-15-2015 06:27 PM
    Was that in Motorola's announcement?
    09-15-2015 09:45 PM
    I posted this in the other thread but here it is again:

I was surprised to see the phone priced at £399 but was glad to see it was the 32GB option and not the 16GB option, which is offered as the base spec in America. For the memory upgrade there they charge an extra $50 so we are paying a little more for those extra 16GB.

This won't be the first or last device where the UK advertised price is at a £1 to $1 rate and I've sort of come to expect it. One thing to bare in mind is that VAT is added on top of the US price while it is included in the UK price. Our VAT is also 20% while I think it is typically below or 10% in the states.

So if you subtract 20% tax and downgrade the memory (subtract $50) the UK price is £299.89 compared to a converted US price of £260.21. Yes it is more and there maybe other factors like import duties, exchange rate flucation, and operating costs for the smaller market that I have not considered but in general it is not as bad as it first looks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-16-2015 03:49 AM
    Most media outlets reported a UK price of £359 when the Style was announced on the 28th of July, so surely this price must have come from Motorola and wasn't just speculation.

09-16-2015 05:30 AM
    Wasn't that for the 16GB version which for some reason they are no longer offering?

09-16-2015 05:47 AM
    I was waiting for the moto style here in UK but the price has now put me off, with new nexus devices round the corner and the nexus 6 getting even cheaper moto style doesn't appeal anymore.

09-16-2015 06:28 AM
    I was super excited when this phone was announced as it had the potential to sway me from my iPhone. (Not easy but possible)

But I think Motorola fluffed the announcement.... No clue as to when pre orders would begin at all for Europe. So I waited , and waited and watched the U.S. Get their pure edition. And still waited ! Getting more annoyed day by day.

Then Apple announced their 6S along with a preorder timetable and an availability date. That's how it should be done. It reminded me of the great service I get from them in all their stores too.

I decided to order a 6S plus on pre order day and got a delivery date of Sep 25th. I like clarity and a company that doesn't keep you in the dark like Motorola did.

And now finally we get a pre order option for the Moro x style (for oct 6th delivery). Not good enough Motorola.

I was tempted at first and nearly swayed but the gap between announcement and pre order with no indication of the preorder date cost them a sale.
    09-16-2015 06:58 AM
    Wasn't that for the 16GB version which for some reason they are no longer offering?

Nope, the 16GB has never been available in the UK. Check out the specs on the UK site, it's either 32GB or 64GB, the same spec applies for 3rd party sellers.
    GeordieAffy likes this.
    09-16-2015 07:36 AM
    Nope, the 16GB has never been available in the UK. Check out the specs on the UK site, it's either 32GB or 64GB, the same spec applies for 3rd party sellers.
    This.

Its been everywhere thats it going to be £359 for base 32GB model.

Was that in Motorola's announcement?
    Well considering the price was mensioned from all those websites who attended the event. Whats worse is that Motorola let all I mean national newspapers, Major Tech websites all state the £359 price is stupid on their part.

But they blatently just had a change if heart and decided to charge £400 after seeing it be such a huge hit in the US and since most people decided to use motomaker they were buying it much more than the $400 base price. Thats my theory anyway lol.

Still havent decided what to do ... I do love the phone so might just have to buy a black base model from Clove.co.uk for £350.

09-16-2015 10:32 AM
    This.

Its been everywhere thats it going to be £359 for base 32GB model.

Well considering the price was mensioned from all those websites who attended the event. Whats worse is that Motorola let all I mean national newspapers, Major Tech websites all state the £359 price is stupid on their part.

But they blatently just had a change if heart and decided to charge £400 after seeing it be such a huge hit in the US and since most people decided to use motomaker they were buying it much more than the $400 base price. Thats my theory anyway lol.

Still havent decided what to do ... I do love the phone so might just have to buy a black base model from Clove.co.uk for £350.

I agree with you and I am unsure about what to do, I think the black one that Clove are doing looks superb and at £350 it is the price I was led to believe it would be but at £400 I am just not so sure! I am also a bit concerned at the yellow tints on the screen as I want a nice bright white screen so what to do!
    09-16-2015 12:21 PM
    I agree with you and I am unsure about what to do, I think the black one that Clove are doing looks superb and at £350 it is the price I was led to believe it would be but at £400 I am just not so sure! I am also a bit concerned at the yellow tints on the screen as I want a nice bright white screen so what to do!
    Yeah hopefully the tint is just a few defective phones and not widespread. I love the AMOLED screen on my S3 I must say (minus the cracked glass at the min lol).

09-16-2015 01:56 PM
    I ordered the Moto x Style yesterday. Was given a delivery date of October 9th. When I check the order status it says the device has already been built and the order is complete. It's now waiting for delivery. Surely it's not going to take until the 9th October to deliver??
    09-17-2015 10:26 AM
    I ordered the Moto x Style yesterday. Was given a delivery date of October 9th. When I check the order status it says the device has already been built and the order is complete. It's now waiting for delivery. Surely it's not going to take until the 9th October to deliver??
    This happened to those who ordered in the US. Ignore the order status. The Moto system will fix itself in a few days and go back a few steps ... kinda bad from motorola for not fixing this glitch. I'd say expect it earlier than the 9th maybe by a day or two but I dont think it will be shipped for atleast a week or so.

I could be completely wrong ... just basing it on what the situation with the US orders has been like so far.

09-17-2015 10:43 AM
    I did think it unlikely that they'd accept my order in the morning and have the build finished the same day!
    09-17-2015 10:55 AM
    Has anyone whos ordered the Style from Motomaker had their card charged?

Curious if they charge asap or once they are ready to ship it.

09-17-2015 12:19 PM
    They charge it right away
    GeordieAffy likes this.
    09-18-2015 06:14 AM
    Seems like the price has scared off loads of buyers.

Not much buzz on here.

09-18-2015 06:42 AM
    Seems like the price has scared off loads of buyers.

Not much buzz on here.

I think people might holding off to see what the new Nexus phones have to offer as well.

09-18-2015 07:07 AM
    I ordered, but let's see how it goes, by October nexus will be announced but man the extra moto features are really good and hard to live without if I was so go back to nexus

09-18-2015 09:20 AM
    Is there any other way to get a custom Moto X Style apart from the Motomaker in UK and in Germany?
    What about the rest of EU?
    09-18-2015 10:46 AM
    Its on Amazon.co.uk now for £350 for the 32GB free delivery

Motorola Moto X Style SIM-Free Smartphone - Black - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014UUQGD...cUvbUpU4694407

zedz likes this.
    09-19-2015 11:03 AM
87 123 ...