Motorola shows off first ad for Moto X Phone, teases a phone ?designed by you?

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am extremely interested in the phone now. Does anybody know if this is going to be an expensive phone that you have to buy through an upgrade or will it be a cheaper phone similar to the Nexus 4 where you go to Google Play and buy it? I've heard it's coming to Verizon.

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I am extremely interested in the phone now. Does anybody know if this is going to be an expensive phone that you have to buy through an upgrade or will it be a cheaper phone similar to the Nexus 4 where you go to Google Play and buy it? I've heard it's coming to Verizon.

Doubt anyone will give you answers right now. We'll find out soon enough.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Has Motorola said last month it'll b out this summer. And if rummer stands it's only a mid range device think RAZR M. So cheaper price but add in made in america and price goes up. Think only option will b what color do u want.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Has Motorola said last month it'll b out this summer. And if rummer stands it's only a mid range device think RAZR M. So cheaper price but add in made in america and price goes up. Think only option will b what color do u want.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

No way - more than color - I'm thinking color, chassis, battery size, maybe even screen PPI.

They said in the ad about "tomorrow" being the day before the 4th of July. They probably wanted to release it on the Fourth, but they did not make that date (maybe that was where the rumor came a while back about not being able to include all the cool features they wanted aka X Phone delay).

And in the add it says "Coming soon". Soon means many things to many people. I think that means within a month. We'll know something more concrete in the coming 3 weeks.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
That's because the add is running in papers July 3rd.

Sweet. I like the marketing of it- made in America - I remember when that used to mean something, besides over-paid/lazy union workers. I'll buy it, if I can make it my own.

I think Apple is also towing that line with their whole "designed by Apple in California" thing.

Anywho, I'm just glad we have SOMETHING to talk about in this forum. It's been a while since we had any bone to chew on.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
From the pic of the ad (guy and girl jumping). Maybe they'll call it the "X 1"

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that designed by you means I can pick the RAM, processor, and on board storage. I hope those leaked specs were the base model which you can build off of.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am very intrigue to see where Motorola's product line is heading. In last month I see more and more Google inspired campaigning. I Google's influences transfer to Motorola's products. Whatever "lead device" comes out this summer from Motorola I am hoping is like the Google G1.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping that designed by you means I can pick the RAM, processor, and on board storage. I hope those leaked specs were the base model which you can build off of.

Yes, I too hope the specs are just for the base model because otherwise it would be about a year behind for a flag ship phone. Leo Laporte mentioned that he was invited to a Motorola/Google event by Guy Kawasaki (Motorola) on July 10-11, perhaps this is the unveiling. Timing would be about right. I hadn't heard anything from Phil regarding this event. I hope you can customize more than just color. My dream configuration:
5.7" 1080 screen
Removable battery >16 hr battery life
Wireless charging
NFC
Fastest processor there is
Kevlar or Carbon Fiber back (something that isn't finger print magnet and won't scratch)
Soft rubber covered corners
Titanium edges
All external parts removable/changeable in case something gets broken or scratched.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I too hope the specs are just for the base model because otherwise it would be about a year behind for a flag ship phone. Leo Laporte mentioned that he was invited to a Motorola/Google event by Guy Kawasaki (Motorola) on July 10-11, perhaps this is the unveiling. Timing would be about right. I hadn't heard anything from Phil regarding this event. I hope you can customize more than just color. My dream configuration:
5.7" 1080 screen
Removable battery >16 hr battery life
Wireless charging
NFC
Fastest processor there is
Kevlar or Carbon Fiber back (something that isn't finger print magnet and won't scratch)
Soft rubber covered corners
Titanium edges
All external parts removable/changeable in case something gets broken or scratched.

My dream config:

Intel Core i7 SoC
8GB RAM
256GB storage
60000 mAh battery
Kevlar-strength glass back
6" 4K screen with zero bezel
Gigabit-speed WiFi and cellular support (on a capable carrier)
8mm thin
$99 unlocked

:p

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
My dream config:

Intel Core i7 SoC
8GB RAM
256GB storage
60000 mAh battery
Kevlar-strength glass back
6" 4K screen with zero bezel
Gigabit-speed WiFi and cellular support (on a capable carrier)
8mm thin
$99 unlocked

:p

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Only 8gb? Might as well go 32!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
What's with these big screen sized here... Ewwww! I want something portable. 4.3 to 4.5 please! Thank you!

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What's with these big screen sized here... Ewwww! I want something portable. 4.3 to 4.5 please! Thank you!

In case you didn't know, a 6" phone with no bezel is the same size as the average 4.5" phone.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd hope it'd be more like a shell. Here's the board and radios, now whatever you can fit in there, RAM, internal memory, processor, and cheap screen or deluxe screen. And camera

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

4.3-4.7 Is fine for one app on screen at a time, when you do multi window you'll want more real estate. Just like on a PC 19" monitors are fine when using one window at a time but want 24-27" monitors when opening multi screens.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Give me a RAZR M-like body with a 4.3 720 HD screen, Spandragon 600, 2GB RAM, 16 GB of storage with a 4.2.2-based MotoBLUR on a 2000 mAh battery that runs on Verizon.

If I can't get that processor, that RAM, and that storage on a "small" phone without needing to go with a bigger screen, the customizations are worthless.

(I still think the customizations are just cosmetic - covers, colors, etc.)

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan