Here's what I don't get

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Sony released two very nice phones, the Xperia Z and ZL, which have arguably much better specs than the X: Better display, larger display, quad core S4, same RAM, more storage, larger battery yet their launch came and went with barely a whisper of interest on these forums.
I think it goes to show you how much power hype and hype generating leaks can hold.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Sony released two very nice phones, the Xperia Z and ZL, which have arguably much better specs than the X: Better display, larger display, quad core S4, same RAM, more storage, yet their launch came and went with barely a whisper of interest on these forums.

Maybe because when it comes to phones the Sony brand name isn't that great. Plus the Google ownership factor creates a lot of buzz.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
true, Sony hasn't been able to shake themselves out as a top selling android brand yet. This year they did the phones right, and then made almost zero effort to promote them. I don't know how these marketing directors keep their jobs.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Because Sony doesn't release phones in the US, and the huge majority of the readers here are from the US. We covered the hell out of both the phones on the blog, and nobody cared for the same reason.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
The experia Z seems like a big galaxy note. I'd be all over it, if I thought it would actually make its way to Verizon.

Couldn't even get the Gpro or One, so even phones that do sell stateside aren't likely to get me interested until they are actually in the store.

Posted via Android Central App

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
If Sony would release those phones on Verizon or AT&T, then more people would pay attention. Most people are on those two carriers and don't want to pay retail for their devices. I think it's that simple.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
We ultimately don't know the top end specs of this phone. Why are we assuming this is the best we're going to get? I think Google would know better than that.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Sony released two very nice phones, the Xperia Z and ZL, which have arguably much better specs than the X: Better display, larger display, quad core S4, same RAM, more storage, larger battery yet their launch came and went with barely a whisper of interest on these forums.
I think it goes to show you how much power hype and hype generating leaks can hold.

Brand recognition is Sony's issue even though Sony is a big name they are not recognized for phones. Furthermore Sony has yet to make phone to apeal to masses like the Galaxy Line, One, etc. Specs do not matter to masses it's features and apealing marketing campaigns.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yep, they're gorgeous and not available to me and I'm not likely to ever see one except when traveling.

Transmitted through spacetime.

niko_orsini

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
The thing that excites me about Moto X is specs. I like the trend (if, obviously, is true) Motorola has taken with it.
Specs war, for me, is useless on phones. Completely.
And that's why I'm excited. Also, sensors are interesting.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I think the phone looks ugly. It has great specs, but it is ugly looking. Normally,I am not big on looks, but I do believe the phone has to look decent enough for me to buy I.e., s4 and HTC One. I am also eyeing the LG OptimusGg Pro.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie