Moto X and Droid Ultra/Maxx share the same processor.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Well in the D11 conference, Dennis Woodside said that Motorola wanted to make devices somewhere in between $30 feature phones and $650 flagship smartphones ("high quality, low-cost"), so if he wasn't talking about the Moto X, then what was he referring to?

$30 to $650 is a really wide range.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
How would Samsung, HTC, and LG react to a Motorola by Google undercutting even Nexus 4 prices? There are business reasons as to why Google can't and shouldn't blow up the Android hardware ecosystem.

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Lol there are some eternal optimists on here...

And you, with the exact same lack of information as everyone else, are continually a pessimist. Neither mindset is wrong, especially for a product that isn't released.

You can make the case for either pricing model.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Why hasn't anyone even commented on what the thread was about? The biggest gripe I've seen people with about the the moto x was the "outdated dual core processor" but if the Op is correct and it has the same processor as the ultras, then the chip is not really outdated, or poised to be a slouch for that matter.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Why hasn't anyone even commented on what the thread was about? The biggest gripe I've seen people with about the the moto x was the "outdated dual core processor" but if the Op is correct and it has the same processor as the ultras, then the chip is not really outdated, or poised to be a slouch for that matter.

Yeah, is there any more information on if they are the same? I keep checking this thread but it has been off topic since the OP.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, is there any more information on if they are the same? I keep checking this thread but it has been off topic since the OP.

Not that I've seen, but it would make sense that Motorola would put their semi custom chip into both phones. Unless Google did some more tweaking to the one in the X.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

But people will still think it's outdated because it's not a Snapdragon 600 or 800.

Do the new DROIDs use the same S4 Pro as the new Nexus 7? If so, that's a pretty huge order from Google & Motorola to Qualcomm.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
But people will still think it's outdated because it's not a Snapdragon 600 or 800.

Do the new DROIDs use the same S4 Pro as the new Nexus 7? If so, that's a pretty huge order from Google & Motorola to Qualcomm.

No, the new Nexus 7 is quad core. The Droids are dual cores.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at the Moto X as a backup phone as well. And seeing the fact that it has an old CPU I will just pass and get a NExus device. Either wait for the N5 (Or whatever it will be called) or order a N4 if need be. Moto drop the ball IMO and its sad because I wanted a lower budget phone. I would have been ok with a Snapdragon 600 CPU but its not the case. Oh well it just will not work for me. For the people who do buy it then awesome! Let us know how it is it just wont work for me personally. I want better specs and I'm willing to spend the money on it. :)

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at the Moto X as a backup phone as well. And seeing the fact that it has an old CPU I will just pass and get a NExus device. Either wait for the N5 (Or whatever it will be called) or order a N4 if need be. Moto drop the ball IMO and its sad because I wanted a lower budget phone. I would have been ok with a Snapdragon 600 CPU but its not the case. Oh well it just will not work for me. For the people who do buy it then awesome! Let us know how it is it just wont work for me personally. I want better specs and I'm willing to spend the money on it. :)

The Moto X is pulling better benchmarks than the N4. I wouldn't dismiss it yet, let's just all wait until it's officially announced. I'm on Verizon, so the Moto X is my closest option to AOSP after the GNex. For you guys on GSM networks, I envy you.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The Moto X is pulling better benchmarks than the N4. I wouldn't dismiss it yet, let's just all wait until it's officially announced. I'm on Verizon, so the Moto X is my closest option to AOSP after the GNex. For you guys on GSM networks, I envy you.

Oh I know its not official yet. But as it currently stands I would pass. If I'm wrong and eat my words I would order one. Att is my network of choice currently. So I guess my options are a little bit more open than yours. However your right. The Moto X will be your closest choice to Vanilla as it currently stands.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Your closest option would be the new second gen Verizon LTE-capable Nexus 7. :)

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

I don't get it, you think the the processor in the X and Ultras is "outdated" so you won't buy it...But yet you are willing to buy a N4 that has the processor that the X/ultra processors were based off of?

ttenpas

May 2, 2011
Visit site

So, are you looking for a budget phone, or are you looking to spend more money on a higher end device?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77