Looking for innovation....

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been a Moto fan since before mobile phones hit the market (yeah, I'm old) and have always found their products reliable, durable & productive tools. I'm intrigued with the expected innovative forward thinking on the X and again for the 1st time in quite a while feel some of the old time excitement Motorola became famous for. I doubt I swap my Maxx for one but I'm expecting great things their new 8 core design & hardware/software optimization brings to the table from a purely technological admiration point of view. If this phone puts out benchmarks (ones that matter) like I think it may, it could be the game changer that puts mobile development into a higher gear and with a little more outside the box thinking. I'm pulling for them... Geaux Moto!

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm anxious to see if this thing will compete with the new Droid line or if its going to be below them. It kinda seems like it'll be below them. Especially with it being half the price it couldn't possible be as good I'd think.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm anxious to see if this thing will compete with the new Droid line or if its going to be below them. It kinda seems like it'll be below them. Especially with it being half the price it couldn't possible be as good I'd think.

I think there will be trade offs to make whether someone goes Droid or X. What I keep thinking, though, is that the Droids are the last of the old Motorola and the X is the start of the new Motorola. From what we know so far, I think I'd rather move forward rather than stick with the past, especially since I'll probably have this phone for two years.

Lanzeelus

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm anxious to see if this thing will compete with the new Droid line or if its going to be below them. It kinda seems like it'll be below them. Especially with it being half the price[sup][citation needed][/sup] it couldn't possible be as good I'd think.

Considering the Droids would have been part of the lineup that Google said was unimpressive, and also considering that the Moto X is the phone Motorola is putting every ounce of effort and faith into (along with 500 million of Google's), I'd gander a guess that the Moto X is going to be the real show. Based solely on what we "know" now, this phone is already pretty much better than the Droid Ultra. Similar specs but with a more ergonomic design, better battery life, made in 'murica, and customization options. I'd say you could only really argue that the MAXX is better right now, and that's based only on what we've heard from rumors. I have a feeling there's still a little bit more we still don't no.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Considering the Droids would have been part of the lineup that Google said was unimpressive, and also considering that the Moto X is the phone Motorola is putting every ounce of effort and faith into (along with 500 million of Google's), I'd gander a guess that the Moto X is going to be the real show. Based solely on what we "know" now, this phone is already pretty much better than the Droid Ultra. Similar specs but with a more ergonomic design, better battery life, made in 'murica, and customization options. I'd say you could only really argue that the MAXX is better right now, and that's based only on what we've heard from rumors. I have a feeling there's still a little bit more we still don't no.

Well the Maxx is what I'm planning on. Having a RMHD now, I just can't get past its amazing battery life and go to a phone that won't last as long. Sounds like the X might be a worth competitor to the Ultra though.

Lanzeelus

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well the Maxx is what I'm planning on. Having a RMHD now, I just can't get past its amazing battery life and go to a phone that won't last as long. Sounds like the X might be a worth competitor to the Ultra though.

Yeah, I see the MAXX holding the battery life crown for a LONG time, but again, there are still those advantages of the Moto X so far. I'm sure the deal breaker will mostly come down to two things: the price, where I still hold firm in my belief that this phone will be priced similarly to the Droid Ultra (Why would it cost less when it's essentially a superior and more costly phone?), and whatever more features/details Motorola has left to show.

I'm still at the edge of my seat though. People keep claiming we know pretty much everything, but it still doesn't seem right to me. At the DROID event, someone asked a Motorola representative about the Moto X rumors and questioned how the X would be different from the DROIDs. The representative assured them they would see the difference within minutes of the Moto X event. Moto HAS to know how much this phone has leaked all over the internet (Hell, they could even be the ones responsible), yet they keep hyping the phone, and keeping tight lips like it's still one huge secret and there's something big we still don't know. The fact that they're acting all secretive, yet flaunt the phone around like it's nothing, in ads, invitations, being shown off by high ranking Google employees, blatantly making its existence apparent every single day, makes me curious. Personally, I would die of laughter if at the event, Motorola started by showing slides with the leaked images and rumors, told them it was all fake, and pulled out something 100% different as every tech journalist at the event sharted themselves out of sheer shock.

I hope we don't know everything. I wouldn't be disappointed if we did, but I would still absolutely love one more surprise.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I think there will be trade offs to make whether someone goes Droid or X. What I keep thinking, though, is that the Droids are the last of the old Motorola and the X is the start of the new Motorola. From what we know so far, I think I'd rather move forward rather than stick with the past, especially since I'll probably have this phone for two years.

Bingo

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I see the MAXX holding the battery life crown for a LONG time, but again, there are still those advantages of the Moto X so far. I'm sure the deal breaker will mostly come down to two things: the price, where I still hold firm in my belief that this phone will be priced similarly to the Droid Ultra (Why would it cost less when it's essentially a superior and more costly phone?), and whatever more features/details Motorola has left to show.

I'm still at the edge of my seat though. People keep claiming we know pretty much everything, but it still doesn't seem right to me. At the DROID event, someone asked a Motorola representative about the Moto X rumors and questioned how the X would be different from the DROIDs. The representative assured them they would see the difference within minutes of the Moto X event. Moto HAS to know how much this phone has leaked all over the internet (Hell, they could even be the ones responsible), yet they keep hyping the phone, and keeping tight lips like it's still one huge secret and there's something big we still don't know. The fact that they're acting all secretive, yet flaunt the phone around like it's nothing, in ads, invitations, being shown off by high ranking Google employees, blatantly making its existence apparent every single day, makes me curious. Personally, I would die of laughter if at the event, Motorola started by showing slides with the leaked images and rumors, told them it was all fake, and pulled out something 100% different as every tech journalist at the event sharted themselves out of sheer shock.

I hope we don't know everything. I wouldn't be disappointed if we did, but I would still absolutely love one more surprise.

Is surprises me that the event isn't until 8pm. What happened to 11am or 1pm events?

I'll be curious to see if there are any cool features that haven't been leaked to make the phone worth it. I figure eventually the phones and batteries will get so efficient that they'll be able to get MAXX type battery life out of an Ultra or X sized phone/battery.

What are the things it has over the Ultra?

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Is surprises me that the event isn't until 8pm. What happened to 11am or 1pm events?

I'll be curious to see if there are any cool features that haven't been leaked to make the phone worth it. I figure eventually the phones and batteries will get so efficient that they'll be able to get MAXX type battery life out of an Ultra or X sized phone/battery.

What are the things it has over the Ultra?

Multiple sources have said they have private viewings of the phone this morning, a few hours to write up first impressions, and then an embargo will be lifted at 3 PM EST. The thing at 8 PM is the after party.

Posted via Android Central App