TheVerge review is up!

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
2nd. I'm a bit bummed about the camera, although i knew it was gonna be the case b/c i've looked at everyting there is to see online about it, but everything else is a yes.

That always ready is gonna revolutionize the way people use their phones. Once i'm in my house my phone will be picked up much less often. send texts, receive them and read to me (we'll see), make calls, receives calls never touching the phone once. : ). Every phone is gonna have to put that on their or they will be left behind. And i don't even drive! lol.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Engadget is also up.

By the way, I hope people are relieved by the battery life. I didn't get why they didn't believe Motorola's claim...

Review URL: Moto X review | The Verge

Good to see they pointed out the HUGE post-processing issue with the camera in the shots that have come out so far. Hopefully this is just a software problem that can be tweaked. If not, since the camera on my phone is of major importance, Moto X might not be the upgrade from the GS2 that I was hoping I could go to come September when my contract's up. In particular, if you zoom in on the shots that phonearena has up in their review (the night ones especially), the smudging/artifacting due to post-processing is crazy on this thing.

Motorola Moto X Review - Camera and Multimedia

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
It's sounding to me like the more time people spend with this phone, the more impressed with it they get.

Agreed, I'm getting more excited for this phone the closer the release date gets. Getting more apparent that my Dna will be finding a new home in my drawer...

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Good to see they pointed out the HUGE post-processing issue with the camera in the shots that have come out so far. Hopefully this is just a software problem that can be tweaked. If not, since the camera on my phone is of major importance, Moto X might not be the upgrade from the GS2 that I was hoping I could go to come September when my contract's up. In particular, if you zoom in on the shots that phonearena has up in their review (the night ones especially), the smudging/artifacting due to post-processing is crazy on this thing.

Motorola Moto X Review - Camera and Multimedia

For me the camera is nice to have, but I do hope the complaints that have been registered can be fixed with software updates. Based on what I am reading, the issues seem very software related. I hope some of the reviewers try taking pictures with 3rd party apps to see the processing effect vs. that hardware limitations.

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Verge seems to be the quickest at getting out reviews. Moto X seems to be a lot like the Nexus 4 with an upgraded camera and LTE. Which to me is a great thing, cause I love the Nexus 4.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Phone Arena: 8.5/10
Motorola Moto X Review

Motorola Moto X Review - YouTube

The reviewer likes it. The video review seems to be almost more positive than the written one even though it's the same guy. lol.

Short cut:
unassuming
feels great
camera meh
features really cool
fast, snappy, the specs didn't compromise speed
sound quality avg
great offering, fantastic, not mindblowing

Good video review though. There is not a chance i would get the s4 over this. If i needed a really good camera often or a lot of storage and didn't want to use the cloud, then i would reconsider. Otherwise... cool, a normal phone.

Booredatwork.com did a gaming video, says "doesn't run as hot while gaming", ? no idea why that would be but there ya go. He even showed a lime/black one. damn, now i kinda want the color option. booo.

Last edited:

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
One thing to keep in mind though is this might not be the "final" build of the software so there will probably be 1 last update pushed out before the device goes live. In addition, it seems that every new phone today gets released with a bunch of "non-critical" bugs that are more or less resolved in an update that hits ~1-1.5 months after the phone is released. Every single one of these updates it seems improve performance, battery life, the camera, data connection, etc.....What i'd like to see is if someone can install a 3rd party camera program to see if it works and better/worse than the Motorola camera software.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Wait. Seriously, several of you wonder why we don't believe Moto's battery claim? Why don't I believe Ryan Braun or A-Fraud? THEY FRIGGIN' LIED, that's why!! I am a Moto fan and will probably grab the Maxx now...why? They lie. When I got the Razr, they CLEARLY knew the battery was undersized since within WEEKS they came out with the Razr Maxx...only diff was the battery. They knew or they couldn't have come up with the Maxx that fast. And then they wouldn't let us change out.

Short memories you all have.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The Verge seems to be the quickest at getting out reviews. Moto X seems to be a lot like the Nexus 4 with an upgraded camera and LTE. Which to me is a great thing, cause I love the Nexus 4.

Except it's much more expensive. The Moto X is a great phone and deserves to be compared with the likes of the One and GS4, but nothing beats the N4's value.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
PC Magazine Review is up: 4/5

Motorola Moto X (Verizon Wireless) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Conclusion:
Conclusions
The Moto X offers unique, high-quality experiences in a phone that doesn't have the best specs or basic features. This can make your choice a little difficult: After all, the Samsung Galaxy S 4 will still have a better screen and better voice call quality, along with its memory card slot, MHL support, and more flexible camera. The S 4 retains our Editor's Choice for that reason.

Verizon customers will also have to decide between the Moto X and Motorola's own Droid lineup, which we haven't yet reviewed. The Droid Mini will deliver very similar specs in an even more pocketable body, thanks to a smaller (but same-resolution) 4.3-inch screen. The Droid Maxx will almost certainly have unmatched battery life. Either could be a better choice than the X, but we don't recommend things we haven't tested.

A few other unreleased phones lurk in the decision-making process here. If and when Verizon ever launches the HTC One, you'll probably find it better built and better for music and video, although some of its "experiences," like its camera, look better on paper than in practice. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, on the other hand, looks to come off as cheaper than the Moto X in various ways.

Even though the Galaxy S 4 retains our Editors' Choice, if I was to personally pick an Android phone right now, the Moto X would be my phone. It's the right size, and Motorola's exclusive features like Motorola Connect, Motorola Care, and the twisty camera speak to things I do every day. It's just a pity that Verizon customers won't get Motorola's customization options, which are, for now, exclusive to AT&T.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Gizmodo likes it.

Moto X Review: The Android Phone for Everybody

and check out this picture (a 100% crop of another pic) the writer took with the Moto X:

ku-xlarge.jpg

The camera is apparently very sharp in bright light.

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
The problem i see everywhere with the phones camera is that it seems to be very unpredictable.

At times you will be getting great pictures like the one you posted, but many other times you'll be getting horribly noisy/over processed shots.

I personally don't care because i very very rarely take pictures, and I've never posted any to any social media site, but i do know that this will likely be an issue for many people around.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I don't care much about the camera, either, as I don't take pics often. I just want something better than my Galaxy Nexus.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Good honest review.

Its odd they made such a big deal about "assembled in the usa" though. I don't care where the thing is made. I just want the best device i can get.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae