When will we see the Android Central Review of the Moto X

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm more personally interested in Phonedogs because they give really in-depth reviews to show everything. But i'm glad to see you guys taking more time for the device. Phonedog is also doing a 3-day challenge so you can here about its day to day workings.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm more personally interested in Phonedogs because they give really in-depth reviews to show everything. But i'm glad to see you guys taking more time for the device. Phonedog is also doing a 3-day challenge so you can here about its day to day workings.

30 day. : )

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I still watch his reviews but I got tired of Aaron's reviews. They are always precluded with a sales pitch to best buy even though you know half of the devices he reviews aren't event at best buy. I stick to pocket now my favorite. Michael Fisher is the best video reviewer I've seen on YouTube and there no stupid advertisements on the video.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Phonedog reviews are hard to beat and the 30 Moto X review from them will be awesome.

Phone dog generally seems to not like it. He says he prefers bigger phones, and it doesn't have "extra goodies" like touch wiz. He's not getting good battery life either but is not sure why cuz everyone else seems to be doing fine. And a couple other things, can't remember what. To be honest, and don't know what his usually demeanor is like, he seems to not even want to be touching it, lol.

lsutigers03

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I still watch his reviews but I got tired of Aaron's reviews. They are always precluded with a sales pitch to best buy even though you know half of the devices he reviews aren't event at best buy. I stick to pocket now my favorite. Michael Fisher is the best video reviewer I've seen on YouTube and there no stupid advertisements on the video.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

I usually come here first for reviews but I agree that Michael Fisher is great at doing reviews. I also like Jon Rettinger. He's kind of goofy during his reviews but I find them informative and fun to watch.

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
It's coming ... It's coming. :)

Shooting for next week sometime.

Almost 2 weeks later. This better be the best review in cell phone history!

But seriously, it'd be nice to see the AC review before the phone is released lol. Phil, you really seem to like the phone based on your podcasts, so I want to see a review by someone that appreciates the technology for what it is and not just the numbers associated with it.

Honestly for me, it's finally the phone I've been asking for all along. I don't really give a damn about crazy specs, I just wanted a fairly big screen in a relatively small form factor and moto nailed it. I'm just not looking forward to a crappy camera, coming from the awesome pictures my Rezound takes.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Almost 2 weeks later. This better be the best review in cell phone history!

But seriously, it'd be nice to see the AC review before the phone is released lol. Phil, you really seem to like the phone based on your podcasts, so I want to see a review by someone that appreciates the technology for what it is and not just the numbers associated with it.

Honestly for me, it's finally the phone I've been asking for all along. I don't really give a damn about crazy specs, I just wanted a fairly big screen in a relatively small form factor and moto nailed it. I'm just not looking forward to a crappy camera, coming from the awesome pictures my Rezound takes.

this might sound crazy, but i bet he doesn't like it anymore and that's why the review is coming in slower, i think he wants to give it a full chance. just my hunch. hope people don't get on my case.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
this might sound crazy, but i bet he doesn't like it anymore and that's why the review is coming in slower, i think he wants to give it a full chance. just my hunch. hope people don't get on my case.

I'm sure if you look back at all the phones history of when they are released you will see delayed reviews also. He takes his time and rights detailed reviews after he has actually used the phone a good amount. Unlike most reviewers who put out a review after a whole day of usage. He doesn't say oh this phone sucks so I'll just not put the review out.

I won't get on your case.....but you are right, it sounds crazy. :)

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
GS4 review was published a month after the phone was announced and a couple days before it was released.
HTC One review was published a month after the phone was announced and a few days before it was released.

Patience.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure if you look back at all the phones history of when they are released you will see delayed reviews also. He takes his time and rights detailed reviews after he has actually used the phone a good amount. Unlike most reviewers who put out a review after a whole day of usage. He doesn't say oh this phone sucks so I'll just not put the review out.

I won't get on your case.....but you are right, it sounds crazy. :)

lol. okay, yeah, i've never seen the review process, thanks. but you watch, i think he'll be over it. i'll bet you one moto x. ;D. J/K!! Either way, I'm getting one anyway, it'll only be $125 after my contract extension and moto trade in, so there it is. :D. And if it sucks, i'll sell it and go back to my Pre.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
lol. okay, yeah, i've never seen the review process, thanks. but you watch, i think he'll be over it. i'll bet you one moto x. ;D. J/K!! Either way, I'm getting one anyway, it'll only be $125 after my contract extension and moto trade in, so there it is. :D. And if it sucks, i'll sell it and go back to my Pre.

If I had to guess/sum up the review......Good phone, disappointing camera.

No one phone is perfect for anybody but its pretty clear that Moto made a solid phone here. It'll just depend on what a persons wants are in a phone whether they like it or not. But it seems like everything is as advertised.