anyone know when I can have this device in my actual hands?

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Im on AT&T, my HTC One X died, well I have to restart it atleast 5 times a day to get internet..

I bought a Z10, thinking I'll try it out, I have about 10 day's to return it, and REALLLLY want a Moto X, I don't want to deal with the HTC One X for much longer.
Was wondering, does anyone out there in the AC World know when I can expect actually holding this phone in my hand?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Im on AT&T, my HTC One X died, well I have to restart it atleast 5 times a day to get internet..

I bought a Z10, thinking I'll try it out, I have about 10 day's to return it, and REALLLLY want a Moto X, I don't want to deal with the HTC One X for much longer.
Was wondering, does anyone out there in the AC World know when I can expect actually holding this phone in my hand?

there was a rumor for the 23rd for ATT/Sprint, which would *just* get you there,

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/1...st-23-on-att-and-sprint-august-29-on-verizon/

but it's just a rumor so it's really anyone's guess. sry.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh, but i should also add, i was in att yesterday and the woman said they really didn't know but if she had to guess it would be the 29th because they just had training the day before and in her experience phones come out 2 weeks after training.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Everything points to the 23rd order from motomaker with att you will have it by the 29th this is what folks on the street say so take it for what it's worth I know I can't wait to make mine

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 4

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, i was ATT just now, he said the 23rd. Which means for sure true about Sprint too. Wuz up. :D

they better have some good training b/c the ATT guy was quite confused about the phone. after i told him about it he was all: "can i get that on *my* phone?!". :D

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have never understood why carriers choose not to announce the release dates until they are so close... you would think that their productivity would be worse with all of the people coming in to the stores and bugging them about it. I really hope that AT&T will do pre-orders so you can order a customized version and have it on the release date and not have to wait 4 more days! I am desperate to leave Sprint as the 10-15 dropped calls per day makes it very hard to run a business that relies completely on my cell phone.

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Between the 23rd and 29th. Att is supposed to have an option for you to design a phone at the store, but take home a white or black loaner that day until your customized version arrives.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I have never understood why carriers choose not to announce the release dates until they are so close... you would think that their productivity would be worse with all of the people coming in to the stores and bugging them about it. I really hope that AT&T will do pre-orders so you can order a customized version and have it on the release date and not have to wait 4 more days! I am desperate to leave Sprint as the 10-15 dropped calls per day makes it very hard to run a business that relies completely on my cell phone.

The only reason for this i can fathom would be so the regular public does not know about this new device so they buy something out now, then when this hits they must have it so they dont want to buy off contract so they will use another upgrade(if on family plan) or add another line to the account to get it. Although you think they wouldnt want to deal with all the returns if people buy something today and return on the 23rd. but that is my best guess

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I walked into a local AT&T store this morning and was told they are expecting the X on the UPS truck before noon. I kinda got excited but then was told that even of they have them in the store they are prohibited from selling them until tomorrow, the 23rd. :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair