anyone with the X willing to run quadrant on it?

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I know a lot of people don't believe in benchmark test, but how about someone running quadrant on their X and posting the results

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I quickly fell out of love with benchmark scores about 3 years ago when I first got into rooting/custom ROMs. Everyone was obsessed with overclocking their processors for better benchmark scores. After doing the same and achieving god-tier Quadrant scores, I realized the only thing that changed was my phone got hotter and my battery died quicker; real use was entirely unaffected. Shortly after that I became keen on underclocking for better battery performance, with no noticeable drop-off in real world speed. But my Quadrant score was worse, so I had no bragging rights, I guess. That's when I began to realize the enormous disconnect between benchmark scores and practical performance.

It's all very, very silly to me.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Who cares about quadrant scores my x flies through apps browsing is so much fun ..everything just flies .. This is the best android phone I have ever used in terms of snappiness ..and yes I have used s4 ..

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If its faster, smoother and has better battery life... Maybe the correlation between quadrant and real performance just isn't there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Those scores will only benefit people obsessed with numbers. I'd rather have mid range numbers with a much better user experience than high numbers with average experience. So far, it seems the correlation between numbers and experience isn't the end all be all answer some of you are looking for.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Who cares about quadrant scores my x flies through apps browsing is so much fun ..everything just flies .. This is the best android phone I have ever used in terms of snappiness ..and yes I have used s4 ..

Posted via Android Central App

Couldn't agree more! And I own an S4 as well. It's no comparison.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

onlyoneromeo

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
id gladly trade off a slower phone for a few hours of battery life. i had an htc one and it got hot and drained battery fast.but it scored great on quadrant tho. whats the point of a fast phone if u can only use it for 4-5 hrs? its nonsense. when u ask the phone to do something does it respond quickly? does it lag? who cares what the damn numbers say.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I stopped using quadrant as a consideration when I realized my s4 q scores blew my note 2 q scores out of the water.... Except my note 2 didn't lag on simple tasks and would last all day on one charge.

GS4/iPhone5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn