Dev edition and other carriers coming out in "days"?

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Moto VP: Moto X dev editions and other carrier models coming 'in days' | Android Central

I love how companies play around with words... "days" could mean anywhere from a couple to dozens. They make it seem like "days" means a few days or so, but more than likely, it's going to be longer than that. Although it would be cool if AT&T's exclusivity was just a few days... I'm skeptical, as always. Verizon, in particular, probably doesn't care too much about having the Moto Maker ability since they are pushing their Droid lineup anyway.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Moto VP: Moto X dev editions and other carrier models coming 'in days' | Android Central

I love how companies play around with words... "days" could mean anywhere from a couple to dozens. They make it seem like "days" means a few days or so, but more than likely, it's going to be longer than that. Although it would be cool if AT&T's exclusivity was just a few days... I'm skeptical, as always. Verizon, in particular, probably doesn't care too much about having the Moto Maker ability since they are pushing their Droid lineup anyway.

AT&T only has exclusive on the Moto maker process, they still have black and white coming to all the other carriers. That'd be my guess what he meant by that.

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
AT&T only has exclusive on the Moto maker process, they still have black and white coming to all the other carriers. That'd be my guess what he meant by that.

Yeah, I misunderstood thinking that he meant the Moto Maker would be available in "days"... darn it, false alarm. Why does everything about this launch have to be so cryptic? Release dates, exclusivity time table, purchasing options... all so cryptic.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I misunderstood thinking that he meant the Moto Maker would be available in "days"... darn it, false alarm. Why does everything about this launch have to be so cryptic? Release dates, exclusivity time table, purchasing options... all so cryptic.

My guess is that for the most part its up to the carriers to announce the release dates. Since Moto doesn't wanna say it'll be available at so and so time and then have to stick its foot in its mouth if said carrier says they wanna push it back.

The exclusive part is unfortunately just part of the process. AT&T wouldn't rly pay good money if they knew a company would tell ppl how quickly they can get their hands on it from another carrier. So that part I get.

The launch isn't the worst one I've seen from Google. But I agree, when ppl want the phone they want it asap and they don't like cryptic responses.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc