Swiftkey on Moto X

reelon

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone can comment on the use of swiftkey on the Moto X. On my galaxy nexus there seems to be a delay (anything from 5 to 10 sec) before the keyboard appears.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone can comment on the use of swiftkey on the Moto X. On my galaxy nexus there seems to be a delay (anything from 5 to 10 sec) before the keyboard appears.

Meh. It's probably because the Galaxy Nexus needs to lose 10% of it's power to launch the keyboard. ;)

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Seems pretty normal to me.

I would, however, recommend tweaking the haptics timing. (Go to Sound & Vibration>Keypress vibration duration.) I've got mine set about 15ms.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

I use SwiftKey and the response from selecting the input field to when the keyboard appears to begin typing is 1 second or less. My GNex would typically be 2-3 seconds.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I would, however, recommend tweaking the haptics timing. (Go to Sound & Vibration>Keypress vibration duration.) I've got mine set about 15ms.

This! Swiftkey works well, but you need to adjust the vibration duration. I've set mine at 25ms.

sholzer

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
can anyone chime in as to what the default value is on stock google keyboard is? When you slide to "default" it doesnt show the ms value. For some reason, it seems less than when the phone was fresh, perhaps after loading my apps something took over. Just curious what stock is......but I may try swift key even though stock seems decent. Thanks!

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
can anyone chime in as to what the default value is on stock google keyboard is? When you slide to "default" it doesnt show the ms value. For some reason, it seems less than when the phone was fresh, perhaps after loading my apps something took over. Just curious what stock is......but I may try swift key even though stock seems decent. Thanks!

I am pretty sure the default is 10ms.

travo1978

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't comment on Swiftkey, but i've been a Swype user since my Droid X and Swyping is faster and smoother on the Moto X than any other phone i've used. So far there has been nothing slow about this phone.

sholzer

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Im going to try to wean myself off haptic 1ms a day. Im hoping I can lean on you guys here in the forum for support. Gonna be tough but I think I can do it. Anything to conserve battery life :)

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
For people like me, who didn't know where this was,..Settings>Language & Input>Swiftkey>Sound and Vibration>Keypress vibration duration.

THARD

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem with the vibration feedback being delayed? When I type it is delayed for very short time but it is very annoying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital