Screen (touch sensor?) problem [Verizon]

DiNoise

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I was very excited when I got mine today, until I started having problems...
The main issue (on top of 2 others) is the screen or touch sensor.
First, during setup, I noticed that some confirmation windows (ok, cancel) would just disappear without me pressing anything.
Then, after the setup, I noticed more and more "ghost" touching, even my homescreen would just swipe itself when I was just holding the phone.
I made sure that I wouldn't touch the screen, but just press on the phone's back and sides and I'd get this problem.
Doesn't happen all the time. I'll try to make a youtube video of it.
2 other issues are: random cellular radio reset (network disconnection, happened only 3-4 times so far), and the trim around the flash is not even (not flush at one point).
Oh, and so far OK GOOGLE NOW and asking "what's the weather for today" and "what time is it" gave me only web results...
I really wanna like the phone, and most likely will have to exchange it,
but anyone else has any of these problems? (at least on Verizon version)

UPDATE: video Moto X Screen Touch Panel problem [Verizon] - YouTube
system reset didn't help
Seems like the problem occurs when I lightly press on the back of the phone.
Replacement is coming...

Last edited:

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
First, during setup, I noticed that some confirmation windows (ok, cancel) would just disappear without me pressing anything.
Then, after the setup, I noticed more and more "ghost" touching, even my homescreen would just swipe itself when I was just holding the phone.
I made sure that I wouldn't touch the screen, but just press on the phone's back and sides and I'd get this problem.
2 other issues are: random cellular radio reset (network disconnection, happened only 3-4 times so far), and the trim around the flash is not even (not flush at one point).
Oh, and so far OK GOOGLE NOW and asking "what's the weather for today" and "what time is it" gave me only web results...

Not experiencing any of this. Try a factory reset and see what happens.

Posted via Android Central App

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
for voice command stuff, yo have setup google now, I think you have to go to settings and enable location access..

DiNoise

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
for voice command stuff, yo have setup google now, I think you have to go to settings and enable location access..

thanks, yeah I had to go to google now settings and enable location access manually.
setting up Google Now initially doesn't even ask you to do that (did I miss it??), how would a non-techy person enjoy all the benefits of Google Now (touchless control) if location access is not enabled during initial setup?

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I did watch part of your video and something is definitely messed up with that phone. Try to call a few Verizon corporate stores in your area and see if anyone has any stock and can do a replacement. It's a long shot but worth a try.

DiNoise

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I did watch part of your video and something is definitely messed up with that phone. Try to call a few Verizon corporate stores in your area and see if anyone has any stock and can do a replacement. It's a long shot but worth a try.

no stock.. Verizon is shipping me a new phone, will arrive probably thursday..
I'll just have to try to enjoy this broken one until then..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney