deactivate voice telling me who's sending me text message or phone call. I've tried everything.

rjg418

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Can not believe what I had to go threw to shut that up. Avg person would never figure it out

Posted via Android Central App

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
This is a very useful feature, I don't understand why you would want to turn it off. It's apart of Motorola's assist. Is called diving mode, once it's activated all you do is drag down the notification menu and select "I'm not driving".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
This is a very useful feature, I don't understand why you would want to turn it off. It's apart of Motorola's assist. Is called diving mode, once it's activated all you do is drag down the notification menu and select "I'm not driving".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

It gets stuck on some phones, and continues to behave like it's in driving mode.

Pretty freaking annoying when you're just sitting at home and it won't shut up.

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
The setting is where it needs to be, inside of the assist/driving app. Not sure why that is tough to find.

Posted via Android Central App

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
you guys don't seem to understand. what is happening is it turns on, and works find while you are driving, but once you are done driving, and even once the icon leaves the taskbar for driving, it will continue to talk to you for every call and text message. there is no way to turn that off.

tekkie79

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here. I had to disable "Motorola Assist Talk to Me". I tried a bunch of things, but this is the only thing that worked. By just disabling this, the other "Assist" features worked in the other profiles.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I had to do a hard reset too last night. Just testing it out for a few months and I just got it yesterday so no big deal doing a quick hard reset.

It was horrible, I had my phone on vibrate only in meeting and it even on vibrate it announced an incomming text message. I wanted to throw it across the room. :) Loving the phone so far otherwise.

MykelP

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
There is a known bug in Assist that causes this behavior. To disable it completely go into Assist, Settings and then uncheck the Driving check box. If you only uncheck the Talk to Me option on the main screen, but do not uncheck the Driving option under Settings, the problem will continue to re-occur even after reboots or factory resets (though maybe not right away).

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
There is a known bug in Assist that causes this behavior. To disable it completely go into Assist, Settings and then uncheck the Driving check box. If you only uncheck the Talk to Me option on the main screen, but do not uncheck the Driving option under Settings, the problem will continue to re-occur even after reboots or factory resets (though maybe not right away).

You don't have to do that. Just updating the talkback app in the play store should do the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12