camera improvements coming soon!

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Moto's product management VP punit soni replied to one of his posts on his google+ page, many camera improvements coming soon! ..makes me feel more optimistic that moto is going to fix the
camera , I hope they address the muted colors issue soon..

fix.png

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I saw that little tidbit too on Google+. However, like every ambiguity of wordplay, what does "soon" mean? It may mean that Motorola may have some improvements to the camera ready soon. But with updates going through the carriers, there could be a significant gap between when Moto has it ready and when it is actually released to us by the carriers.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
However, like every ambiguity of wordplay, what does "soon" mean?

Motorola is possibly owned by Activision, which is secretly the Blizzard Entertainment arm of the Google Empire (Source needed, this has not been verified). Here is their mutual definition of "soon" relative to patches:

As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
The patch will be released soon.

But with updates going through the carriers

:(

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I saw that little tidbit too on Google+. However, like every ambiguity of wordplay, what does "soon" mean? It may mean that Motorola may have some improvements to the camera ready soon. But with updates going through the carriers, there could be a significant gap between when Moto has it ready and when it is actually released to us by the carriers.

Of course that's how it works..with any carrier phone .. Its probably ~1 month away .. But its good news for those who are planning to hold on to moto x for long time ..also this alleviates some of the initial concerns that camera cannot be improved by sw updates ..

Posted via Android Central App

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Why does the doubt come from people and Motorola about updates? It's Google. The OS on Moto X is bone stock. My phone has hardly any AT&T apps.

Everyone's entitled to their beliefs but I'm not judging the outcome till the outcome outcomes haha.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
bug fix/minor improvements usually fly through carrier in No time.
I hope its that or could come with 4.3 in 2 months

Last edited:

Travisimo

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Why does the doubt come from people and Motorola about updates? It's Google. The OS on Moto X is bone stock. My phone has hardly any AT&T apps.

Everyone's entitled to their beliefs but I'm not judging the outcome till the outcome outcomes haha.

1) Because Google has made is clear that Motorola is still it's own division and has distanced itself from giving exclusivity to Motorola. So just because Motorola is owned by Google does not necessarily mean updates will happen more quickly than any other OEM. It's not a Nexus!

2) It is NOT bone stock Android. It is not a Google Play Edition phone. Updates will not be coming directly from Google or Motorola: they will still have to pass through the carriers (unlike a Nexus or GPE).

3) Because Motorola does not have a good track record with updates, and the "new" Motorola has much to prove in this area. We can hope that since the Moto X is their "baby", it will happen sooner, but it is still an unknown, and there is reason to doubt.

So yeah, we can hope that some minor updates will come quickly, but I'm not holding my breath. And you can expect a major release like 4.3 or 4.4 to come significantly later on the Moto X than they will on the Nexus or GPE devices.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Have you never owned a Motorola phone before? I think you'll find that those of us who have will meet promises by Motorola with serious skepticism.

The only wild card is that they're under new management.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Have you never owned a Motorola phone before? I think you'll find that those of us who have will meet promises by Motorola with serious skepticism.

My Bionic has Jelly Bean, like they promised. :)

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
wonder if a Play Store update would be possible?

Doubt it. I would think that any camera update would be firm ware. Long time moto user here, don't hold your breath because they will disappoint you every time with camera updates. The have left a ton of people hanging in the past with updates.

Last edited:

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

I was under the impression Googlers replaced old Motorola employees and the standards in that change of the company would also be changed..

So that is why I'm not comparing Motorola today to Motorola of yesteryear.. innocent until proven guilty. I understand the skepticism of others.

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression Googlers replaced old Motorola employees and the standards in that change of the company would also be changed..

So that is why I'm not comparing Motorola today to Motorola of yesteryear.. innocent until proven guilty. I understand the skepticism of others.

It's hard to let go of the past for many. Kinda like being burnt by a stove and never trusting one again

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

Motorola is possibly owned by Activision, which is secretly the Blizzard Entertainment arm of the Google Empire (Source needed, this has not been verified). Here is their mutual definition of "soon" relative to patches:

As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
The patch will be released soon.

:(

As a former WoW addict, I can vouch for Blizzard's extremely liberal definition of "soon" lol.

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm not exactly sure how this will work. Given how Google has been modifying Android to be more modular, perhaps these improvements will be delivered via the Play Store bypassing any carrier intervention.

Posted via Android Central App and the Moto X

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

But somehow the tradition of motorola having camera issues remained.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
But somehow the tradition of motorola having camera issues remained.

Google releases plenty stuff unfinished. They also do a good job of getting most of it set right. So, with the new group, I'd say it's reasonable that they'll get a fix out for any software issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX