Voice cutting out on other end of call

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Are all the people who are having problems on Verizon? Trying to find a common denominator here.

Sent from my Moto X

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Are all the people who are having problems on Verizon? Trying to find a common denominator here.

Sent from my Moto X

I'm on Verizon and haven't had this issue yet. I have hours of talk time to moto tech support and the phone has been flawless so far.

Posted via Android Central App

LudwigRocker

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with a Verizon Moto X, on my second phone. First call from my wife and it cut out just like the first one. So far it has only happened when talking to my wife on her cell. We are both on Verizon. I've talked to other people on mobile and land lines with no problem. I hope there is a fix I love this phone.

mcanad1

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
On Verizon and I am noticing that the cutting out is worse when there is back ground noise. Went in a quiet room and there was no cutting out but as soon as I was out doors the cutting out got very bad. I have been able to reproduce this a few times. I will be taking the phone back tomorrow and asking for a new one, fingers crossed I just got a dud. Other than the cutting out this phone is great.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Att on my second phone and its back to cutting out while I am on calls. Must be a software issue with the noise canceling mic because it only happens when I walk around. What good is a mobile phone if u can't move.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

Lo Graf

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm also on my second Moto X with the exact same issue with both of tehm where I cut out to the other person on their end. Just for kicks I called Motorola directly and they ran me through several troubleshooting steps with involved rebooting into safe mode and then back to normal mode. Then they had me delete one app that I didn't need right now. It didn't seem to matter to them which one. His comment was to monitor for a few days to see if it was still doing it. I asked the question to see if Motorola was aware of this particular issue with the Moto X and he said he wasn't allowed to comment on whether they were aware of it or not. hmmmmm...

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
im just starting to encounter this issue (im on verizon) i have full reception everywhere i go so i know its not the service but the actual phone itself because the people i talk to keep saying every other word cuts out. i called verizon to report this. the associate told me they are starting to notice the rise of this issue with this phone and that the way they have been able to resolve it (which i havent seen anyone else mention here) is she took me into the settings, more, mobile networks, network mode, and changed it from gobal (which is set by default) to lte/cdma. she said this should fix the issue as its done for others, test it out for 24/48 hrs. if it continues, to call back and theyll exchange it.

i will post back by sunday and let you guys know what happened. for those who are having this issue, have u already tried this method? if not, try it and see if it works.

smo0th

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
im just starting to encounter this issue (im on verizon) i have full reception everywhere i go so i know its not the service but the actual phone itself because the people i talk to keep saying every other word cuts out. i called verizon to report this. the associate told me they are starting to notice the rise of this issue with this phone and that the way they have been able to resolve it (which i havent seen anyone else mention here) is she took me into the settings, more, mobile networks, network mode, and changed it from gobal (which is set by default) to lte/cdma. she said this should fix the issue as its done for others, test it out for 24/48 hrs. if it continues, to call back and theyll exchange it.

i will post back by sunday and let you guys know what happened. for those who are having this issue, have u already tried this method? if not, try it and see if it works.

I'm on Verizon as well and I've had a few people complain about not being able to hear me clearly. I just made the change as you suggested to my phone. It would make since to change it to lte/cdma as we are on the Verizon network. There is a GSM option as well that AT&T users should probably select.

mcanad1

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Update... I traded in for a new moto x and I am not having the issue!!!! Not sure if it will stay that way, fingers crossed. I also noticed that my network setting was already set to LTE/cdma as stated above when I got my new phone.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The switch to LTE/ CDMA appears to have fixed the issue mine was having cutting in and out. I suggest you try this first.

Cancel that. It didn't work. JEEZ. This is frustrating as hell.

Last edited:

joelski#CB

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Since I started this thread a discussion has been ongoing over at the Motorola support forums. So far no conclusion to the cause or a fix but it's the same guessing game here. There is a Motorola employee trying to help and asking for contact info so the proper Moto support staff can call owners of the Moto x to hear the problem first hand. I have an HTC one now but would like a Moto x back. If I knew this was a software issue I would go back and wait. And btw the best way to start over if your on your second phone is to return the phone and have them re-set your upgrade status. There is a work around I needed because I gave my old phone away to a friend so I needed another before sending my x back. Local store wouldn't help. Also lost my data after I did the transfer of upgrade trick. Big red can put a code in to make it look like an upgrade is due. That was needed with a phone still in transit back. Hope a solution is found soon.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm on ATT with the same issue. I called the Motorola tech support and the guy was like " what, what, you're cutting out, what". I had 3 bars of 4G signal. Awaiting a fix.

Lo Graf

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

I just swapped out to my 3rd Moto X today and it has the same problem. I did some testing and if the caller on the other end that I am talking to is in a noisy environment, restaurant or any other place that has a lot of background noise it cuts out on them hearing me. I tested by calling my home phone and went in and out of the bathroom with the exhaust fan and water running and it would cut out everytime I went in and quit cutting out as soon as I walked out.

Also I'm on AT&T and the phone doesn't have any settings to change under "Network Mode" section. Only Data enabled, Data roaming, and Access Point Names....Anyone on AT&T find out where to change the settings?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
i think i have it too. :(. (Sprint). At least on speakerphone i 100% do. I was talking to someone while i was on speakerphone, she gave me a phone number i started to ask her to repeat it, she could not hear me at all she just kept talking and talking, i kept say "can you hear me? can you hear me?", i had to wait til she stopped telling her story that she had gone into, until she could hear me. :p.

Today i'll be using someone elses phone and have them use my phone so i can get a better sense of what's going on, to see if it's not just speaker phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs