Camera update? Are they going to fix it?

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto did say that camera improvements are coming soon ...not sure soon is how long ..but should be coming eventually ..within a month maybe..

Just curious where you saw this info from Motorola? I haven't seen anything like that where they acknowledged a fix was coming?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
So, not to hijack the thread or anything, but since you guys are all about the camera how do you change the camera image resolution on this thing? I don't want to be taking 10mp shots or anything that looks like it came from a flip phone. I want to find the middle ground, but I don't see the options.

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
So, not to hijack the thread or anything, but since you guys are all about the camera how do you change the camera image resolution on this thing? I don't want to be taking 10mp shots or anything that looks like it came from a flip phone. I want to find the middle ground, but I don't see the options.

You can't! Nuts isn't it?

Posted via Android Central App

TheBigBass

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a 3Gs... Not for long, but this thing is mint condition (bought on week 1 by the way). Not a scratch. I can assure you however that the Moto X camera is better. From what I've seen on my bddy's Moto x the problem is in the overly agressive adjusting the sensor does, you need to really wait for the image to settle before taking a photo if you want great image quality... Also the general rule with HDR is that you turn HDR on when the content of the picture aren't moving at all or very little, if there is going to be motion you're better off turning HDR off on a smartphone.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying it's bad or that it's not the best camera available? It's taking some great shots for me, and some average ones and some bad ones. I'll admit I kinda suck at photography, but I'm getting accurate great shots of what I want when I'm patient with it. It's definitely a major step up from the G Nex camera, and though everyone said that one sucked, it also takes some great photos with maybe 10-15% unusable shots.

detroitmikeb

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been following the Moto X since introduction. I'm a longtime iPhone user but a fan of tech in general, not a fanboy. With the disappointing 5S and my general dislike for iOS7, I've been seriously looking to break into Android. I've played with the Moto X and it's amazing, silky smooth, PERFECT size IMO, etc. Here's the thing... I'm a part-time professional photographer, YES I have DSLR's for shooting but like everyone else, I use my phone for day-to-day things that come up. I feel with a social media presence, my "image" (no pun) has to live up to a certain expectation. I want the Moto X, I am due for an upgrade, have AT&T and want a moto maker MX but can't pull the trigger because even though people realize it's a phone, I feel my photos have to be decent even if it's some BS I take with my phone. Does this make sense?

I'm not really looking for an answer, I just wanted to vent. I really hope a software update does take care of this because the S4 is too clunky feeling for me, the HTC One is too big, I'm addicted to LTE on Unlimited data so the N4 is out. The N5 looks to be a giant as well.

Thanks for listening to my first post :)

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been following the Moto X since introduction. I'm a longtime iPhone user but a fan of tech in general, not a fanboy. With the disappointing 5S and my general dislike for iOS7, I've been seriously looking to break into Android. I've played with the Moto X and it's amazing, silky smooth, PERFECT size IMO, etc. Here's the thing... I'm a part-time professional photographer, YES I have DSLR's for shooting but like everyone else, I use my phone for day-to-day things that come up. I feel with a social media presence, my "image" (no pun) has to live up to a certain expectation. I want the Moto X, I am due for an upgrade, have AT&T and want a moto maker MX but can't pull the trigger because even though people realize it's a phone, I feel my photos have to be decent even if it's some BS I take with my phone. Does this make sense?

I'm not really looking for an answer, I just wanted to vent. I really hope a software update does take care of this because the S4 is too clunky feeling for me, the HTC One is too big, I'm addicted to LTE on Unlimited data so the N4 is out. The N5 looks to be a giant as well.

Thanks for listening to my first post :)

Moto x is an excellent phone. Mine has been pretty much flawless since I got it two weeks ago. The camera is really not that bad but also not on par with the iPhone. The battery in my moto x is also better than what I was getting with my iPhone 5. Google now is better than siri with something's and siri is better with others. The form factor of the moto x is perfect for me. Personally I am getting the 5s in a couple weeks and also keeping my moto x. I will then see which one suits me better and eBay the other. I'm also very anxious to see what the nexus 5 brings to the table but I don't like the 5 inch screen. Been there done that, it's too big for one handed operation. But of course it is a nexus so we will see.

All this wouldn't even be an issue for me if Motorola had decent tech support which they don't and as a long time moto guy I can say that they never have. Thought that would change with Google but no.

Break an iPhone and an hour later you have a new one in your hand, without a hitch or concern. Break the moto x and your without for god knows how long. I love my moto x but I feel like I need a backup for it. With an iPhone and apple care + you have no worries.

alec1722

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The problem with the camera is that it's inconsistent. When it works correctly the pictures come out great. When it doesn't, you get unusable crap. Not knowing what you're going to get is almost a bigger problem.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
The problem with the camera is that it's inconsistent. When it works correctly the pictures come out great. When it doesn't, you get unusable crap. Not knowing what you're going to get is almost a bigger problem.

Oh no doubt, I have taken quite a few amazing pictures and movies with my moto x. But yes you never know until you view them afterwards.

detroitmikeb

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I understand the inconsistency and tell myself a decent shot on facebook, instagram with a filter or whatever will be fine - I don't print these obviously. The size of the Moto X is perfect and as silly as it sounds, Google Keep is kind of a killer app to me. I want to switch but am going to keep an eye on this forum for software updates (or possibly new models with an upgraded camera?)

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I understand the inconsistency and tell myself a decent shot on facebook, instagram with a filter or whatever will be fine - I don't print these obviously. The size of the Moto X is perfect and as silly as it sounds, Google Keep is kind of a killer app to me. I want to switch but am going to keep an eye on this forum for software updates (or possibly new models with an upgraded camera?)

Keep is an awesome app but reminders in iOS 7 does it just as well in my opinion.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I actually don?t mind the camera at all. I haven?t gotten those weird soft pics a couple of reviewers had, and the really bad ones are only when there are clouds or a lot of light facing the lens, cuz then it does that weird adjustment to compensate. Other than that, I?m dying for an update, I?ll live with a little dullness and shadows from time to time. I?ll be okay if it never gets this alleged or possible software update.

Edit:eek:ops, that's supposed to say 'I'm *not * dying for an update".

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois