Moto X screen is unresponsive

Bill VonDerHeide

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
ok...first let me say I love my moto x.

but the past couple days while in the car after I dial a phone number the screen goes blank. The call is still going on but I can't get the screen back to end the call. The person I was calling wasn't there so it rang so many times the phone company disconnected me because I couldn't hang up myself. Then today, I was at my desk and get an email. I touched my phone to do that preview thing...and it did the same thing...not matter how many times it touched it the screen was gone. Now it's back......suggestions?

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

but the past couple days while in the car after I dial a phone number the screen goes blank. The call is still going on but I can't get the screen back to end the call. The person I was calling wasn't there so it rang so many times the phone company disconnected me because I couldn't hang up myself. Then today, I was at my desk and get an email. I touched my phone to do that preview thing...and it did the same thing...not matter how many times it touched it the screen was gone. Now it's back......suggestions?

Do you have screen protector or case blocking the proximity sensor? Sensor is located near the ear piece area .. remove them and check if the issue is gone

Posted via Android Central App

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

I had the same issue for the first couple of days and it was driving me crazy. I'm pretty sure was because I had the original screen protector on that came with the phone. Do you have your still on?

Anopy1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem until I realized that just a tiny piece of my case was covering the sensor. I removed a small notch from the case and it has worked perfectly since.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem until I realized that just a tiny piece of my case was covering the sensor. I removed a small notch from the case and it has worked perfectly since.

Where is the senor? want to make sure this doesn't happen for me. : ) nev mind, now i see it.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer